Although there seems to be swarms of information for the XP Embedded product and features, actually finding the information you want can be difficult. This post will point to some of the resources and information available on Enhanced Write Filter (EWF), and hopefully make finding the relevant information a little quicker.
- For an overview of EWF start here.
- For info on basic usage see the following links:
EWF Modes -this covers choosing and configuring RAM, RAM REG and Disk overlays
EWF Design Considerations – this discusses how to use EWF with other features such as Cloning and DUA, how to manage your EWF image and ways to improve performance.
EWF API – an overview of the EWF API structures and functions, along with some code samples.
Scroll down to the page in the link to find a video tutorial for EWF called “Windows XP Embedded with Service Pack 2 Technical Training: Embedded Enabling Features”
- Below is a list of common “How-To’s” and white papers that are relative to EWF:
- Information on troubleshooting the most common issues can be found here.
- You can install updates from here
- For quick answers to questions, or to search for a solution to a problem, the newsgroup is a fantastic resource- more than someone else has seen the same issue before and a solution has been posted in the newsgroup. The newsgroup can be accessed –