Got an error today: EventType clr20r3, P1…

Today after I compiled my winform program in Windows XP with .NET Framework 2.0, I copied the assembly to another Windows 2003 ENT Server. When I run this program in W2k3 server, nothing responded, and following message is created in Application Events.

EventType clr20r3, P1 steprecorder.exe, P2 1.0.302.0, P3 440bee00, P4 steprecorder, P5 1.0.302.0, P6 440bee00, P7 39, P8 f, P9 system.missingmethodexception, P10 NIL.

So hard-reading log message πŸ™ what could I get from it?

I searched from Internet but got nothing useful. Seems “clr20r3…” type event could be triggerred by many reasons.

But I found that the further issue is that if a machine with VS2005 installed (whether winxp or w2k3), the program could run properly, or it will fail. It is so strange, is it a VS2005 bug?

At last I found the clause cause this issue. When I drag and drop a list view control in a form, VS2005 will auto generate the related clauses, one of them caused this failure.

// testcaseListView
            this.testcaseListView.Columns.AddRange(new System.Windows.Forms.ColumnHeader[] {
            this.numberColumnHeader,
            this.testcaseListView.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(0, 0);
            this.testcaseListView.Name = “testcaseListView”;
            this.testcaseListView.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(509, 162);
            this.testcaseListView.TabIndex = 0;
            //this.testcaseListView.UseCompatibleStateImageBehavior = false;
            this.testcaseListView.View = System.Windows.Forms.View.Details;

There is nothing in MSDN to explain this property, but say it is new in .NET 2.0.

After I comment the red one, the application program could run on other winxp/win2k3 machine successfully.

1. kv says:

I also just saw that one. I think UseCompatibleStateImageBehavior was added between revision 7 and 42(RTM), so maybe you have a late RC of the .NET Framework installed?

2. Elton says:

Really? My VS2005 version is just 8.0.50727.42(RTM.050727-4200), vsts sku.

3. Elton says:

Thanks Chris for your solution πŸ˜€

4. Steve says:

Thanks so much for this, I was pulling what little hair I have left out trying to fix this one.

5. B.K. says:

I’m also getting this error, but I have no instances of "UseCompatibleStateImageBehavior" in my projects.

Are there any other known causes?

6. coditza says:

Hello

Just fixed a similar problem.

I had 3 unmanaged dll’s, 2 of them compiled with no support for ATL and one with. Because of the one with support for atl, my service won’t start. Recompiled the funcky dll without suport for atl and everithing works now.

Maybe this helps.

7. Mak says:

Hi

I am facing same problem with my Windows Services. Windows Services give error as follows

EventType clr20r3, P1 unicompopulatefeedservice.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 45230673, P4 unicompopulatefeedservice, P5 1.0.0.0, P6 45230673, P7 7, P8 85, P9 system.nullreferenceexception, P10 NIL.

Strange thing is I don’t get this error very often, my service runs fine most of the time and it give this error intermitently.

Does anybody here faced same issues with Win Services?

Mak

8. Elton says:

Seems there are several reasons cause this issue.

If it is possible, you could narrow down the suspected code block to investigate which statement make the error happen.

When I got this issue, I had no idea from the error message but commented off the suspected code to narrow down the issue.

9. raj says:

i too got the same error.

i dont have any VS2005 or as a matter of fact not a single version VS installed on my machine.

why am i getting this error and how to proceed to resolve this issue?

iam trying to remove Exchange 2007 from Add/Remove programs and i found this error msg in event logs.

please help me out.

10. raj says:

i too got the same error.

why am i getting this error and how to proceed to resolve this issue?

please help me out.

11. Elton says:

This error may come from many reasons, what I post is only one of them. If you don’t have other methods, maybe you could comment some doubtable functions, to see if this error occurs. If this error disappears, you could continue to narrow down to the reason.

This is not a smart way, but it may be useful:-D

Elton

12. G Buyse says:

I saw this error in the eventviewer.

In my situation it only was due to the structure of the app.exe.config which was not XML-valid (manual copy/paste).

The error dis-appeared after correcting the config file

13. Dennis says:

We added a filter to temporarly stop robots from going through our site, becuase of high traffic during a busy week. The next week :443 started showing up in search results.

14. Shiva Kumar says:

EventType clr20r3, P1 timetracker.exe, P2 1.1.0.6, P3 45e46f8a, P4 timetracker.business, P5 1.0.0.0, P6 45e46f84, P7 58, P8 1, P9 system.io.filenotfoundexception, P10 NIL.

This is the error I got is there any solution for this.

-Shiva

15. John says:

16. Will Newman says:

"I get the same error but totally random.  I have a .Net app running from the scheduled task.  It always works when ran manually.  Fails about 50% of the time when scheduled.  If you watch it fail when scheduled then go and run it, it works.  Clueless."

That sounds like a permissions issue that corrects itself when run interactively – or when a user is logged into the machine.

17. kemal erdogan says:

I found that my GUI application indirectly references an "SMDiagnostics.dll" which is a COM dll (shipped with .net 3.0). I copied that file to the user’s machine and registered. Afterwards, my app started working properly.

18. Carlos says:

i need help to solve this error:

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : programa cheques.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0

P3 : 4602c36f     P4 : programa cheques     P5 : 1.0.0.0     P6 : 4602c36f

P7 : 11     P8 : c6     P9 : system.invalidoperationexception   –

i have installed .net framework 2.0 redistributable package on XP system and .net 3.0 redis… and .Net Compact Framework 2.0 i was installed several updates and not see solution, i don’t know what to do..

19. Arthur says:

I have just fixed such an error up with my Windows Service that I needed to install on MS Windows Server 2003 STD.

The server had .Net Framework 2.0 showing in Add?Remove Programs. I realize it came as part of SQL Express. This is not enough to run custom .Net based applications. So after I added the regular .Net Framework 2.0 redistributable as part of my install package all worked. (In MS VS 2005 use Prerequisites from install proj properties to have the .Net 2 downloaded from the same location for instance).

Regards,

Arthur

20. Ronny says:

I got the same error but in my case my .NET installer "setup.exe" did not register DLL’s referrenced in my code.

21. Anup Marwadi says:

I am getting a similar error but the circumstances are significantly different. I have an option to pass the query string parameters to the program. Whenever I invoke the application without the query string parameters, everything works perfectly. Every time I pass a query string parameter, it blows up on me and gives an InvalidCastException. I have no idea why this happens. I tried everything.

Any ideas?

22. Awais Akram says:

I got this error. and in my application i found that it is due to using multithreaded apartment (MTA)and when application runs on hyper threaded machine.

23. Petrus says:

Hi Guys

I get this same error, but with the MS oracle client. Its part of the .NET framwork2.0, but this keeps coming back.

EventType clr20r3, P1 saf.windowsservice.exe, P2 1.0.2600.21330, P3 45d18a04, P4 system.data.oracleclient, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4333aea7, P7 1ea, P8 ce, P9 system.exception, P10 NIL.

Any idea?

24. chris says:

I get the same error in a windows service.

It seems like this is some catch all error id, and can have many underlying causes.

THE REAL ISSUE IS: I have exception handling code in my service, that ought to catch all exceptions and leave the service running. This problem is not caught and the service stops. This happens maybe once a day on a remote server and not in development, so it is not easy to debug.

25. Hendrik says:

Had a similar issue running my application on W2k3 Server. Event log came up with cl20r3

Px …

P9 SocketException

P10 NIL

fixed the problem with correct application settings on server ip.

26. N Reddy says:

I get this error clr20r3 and the windows service was stopping. Since it is hard to debug, I just noticed that there is a recovery tab when we select the service properties. I set the recovery steps on first failure, second failure and subsequest failures to restart the sevice after 1 minute.

Hoepfully it should take care of the issue for now untill i debug this.

27. Rani says:

I got the same error in a Console Application using C#. Just opened a new VS, copied the code into it (did not re-use the old files). Voila! The error is gone.

28. Chris says:

Thanks for the tip.

I got "P9: system.io.filenotfoundexception"

I have being searching for days to find out why my program wont load in another machine.

I changed my to true. and it now runs.

this.lvOrderItems.UseCompatibleStateImageBehavior = true;

This is strange since I am using .NET 2.0 and MSDN says set it to false for .NET 2.

29. Chris says:

looking at my .csproj file I notice reference include section was pointing to .net v1.1 DLL’s.

I manually changed it to point to .net 2.0 DLL’s and changed "this.lvOrderItems.UseCompatibleStateImageBehavior = true" back to false and no crashes.

So it seems sharpdevelop was compiling to .net 1.1 instead of 2 even tho I have 2.0 selected in project options. I only have .net 2.0 installed on the test machine, while the develoopment machine has both 1.1 and 2.0.

My SharpDevelop installation must be messedup.

30. MoNO says:

i got this error,can u help me???

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : desktop.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0     P3 : 4687c6a0

P4 : system.data     P5 : 2.0.0.0     P6 : 4333aea2     P7 : 25c3     P8 : 29

P9 : system.data.sqlclient.sql

31. mostafa says:

please help me and tell what can i do?

32. mostafa says:

Whene I compiled my winform program in Windows XP with .NET Framework 2.0, I copied the assembly to another Windows xp  When I run this program in win xp, nothing responded, and following message is created in Application Events.

EventType clr20r3, P1 pcontrol.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 64ee4eab, P4 system.data, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4333aea2, P7 25c3, P8 29, P9 system.data.sqlclient.sql

33. mostafa says:

34. Elton says:

mostafa, seems you have the same issue with me. In my case, it is the property "UseCompatibleStateImageBehavior" of ListView causes the issue, you may try to find if you have this property used in your code.

If it doesn’t work, you may comment some doubtful codes to find which statement causes the issue.

35. Stuart C says:

This error can occur for a number of reasons, but the most important fact is that it is an unhandled exception. Make sure you have global (catch all) exception handlers as the exception may not be on the main application thread. There are a number of ways to do this but the simplist is to wrap the Application.Run in a try catch block:

[STAThread]

static void Main(string[] args)

{

#if DEBUG

Application.Run(new Form1());

#else

try

{

Application.Run(new Form1()););

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

//write error to log

}

#endif

}

Another way is to use the ThreadException event:

Application.ThreadException += new ThreadExceptionEventHandler(

Application_ThreadException);

36. Stuart says:

Sorry correction to the code above:

[STAThread]

static void Main(string[] args)

{

{

//write error to log

}

#endif

}

37. mERGER says:

For me the problem solved itself when i reinstalled .net 2.0!

Thanks for all the comment, they where very helpfull.

38. Brian says:

I was getting the same error.  the exe would work on some boxes but would get this error on others.  my problem was the vb6 ocx that my .net exe was using was missing some dlls.  So once I copied those dlls into system32 and registered them my exe worked great.

39. nachi says:

I am getting this error in IIS while using the Webservice using .Net 2.0. This Web service was working fine in ver 1.1. can anybody help.

Thanks in advance

40. Yonnie says:

Check this website -> it may help you.

41. Nikolay Popov, TechnoLogica Ltd., Sofia, Bulgaria says:

Hi,

I’m writing here to share my experiance with the problem – you know : EventType clr20r3, P1 MyExe.exe, P2 1.0.2949.44, P3 479cff38, P4 system, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf0d, P7 3953, P8 69, P9 system.componentmodel.win32, P10 NIL – in my case.

First of all MyExe is .NET 1.1 assembly wrtiten with VS.NET Pro 2003, later I worked on the project with VS Pro 2005 – I converted the solution and project files. The trick with the ListView.UseCompatibleStateImageBehavior property doesn’t worked for me – I don’t have it in my code, although as side note I think if you have it and N.B.! your Form was initialy .NET 1.1 Form – then you schould set this to true, if you have a new Form added in VS 2005 –  then it should be false. How I fixed the problem – I installed VS 2008, in the project settings on the Application Tab there is a new field: Manifest – "Create application without a manifest" at first it was on "Embed manifest with default settings", so compiling WITHOUT manifest solved the problem. Before setting this property MyExe compiled successfuly but on attemp to run it gave some strange message mentioning manifest. That’s all folks :), hope this will help!

42. Ko Aung says:

I also got same error.

EventType clr20r3, P1 MyExe.exe, P2 1.0.2953.16255, P3 479cff38, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf0d, P7 123a, P8 0, P9 system.threading.threadstate, P10 NIL.

43. reddy says:

This error happened to me also.

My case is different. The win forms application uses Matlab. It runs well with admin previlage. But for user role it is giving the same error.

44. sql man says:

I am having similar problems where Admin users can run the app just fine but regular users can not,  my app is .net 1.1 win-app moved to Windows server 2008 Enterprise.

It is a security issue that I can not relove.

any help please.

45. Praveen says:

I got the same issue ..the same service is working fine on win xp….but after shifting the application to win 2k3 it is showing the same issue………….any one ‘ve any concrete solution to the above issue ?

46. RB says:

Hi Everyone,

After quite an effort we were able to fix clr20r3 error we were getting with our C# project distribution. We were using a .ocx file which if not registered on target machines will give us that error.

In C# setup project, simply go into the properties of respective .ocx/.dll and select ….COM under Register, rebuild and you should be OK with your distribution.

47. DS says:

I fixed my issue by changing the security access of the program.

Good luck to everyone.

48. Enrico says:

I find a solution (for me).

In the program parameter list (My.settings sections) I was write a simbol "&".

this simbol is invalid in this section!!!

I remove this caracter and the application run correctly πŸ™‚

49. Mayur says:

Hi everyone,

I am running my application 24*7. It works fine in day time but at night it get crashed. I am running it through scheduler.

It is giving following error in application event…

EventType clr20r3, P1 deduplix.exe, P2 1.0.3014.28632, P3 47f35fed, P4 system.windows.forms, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf68, P7 16c6, P8 159, P9 system.componentmodel.win32, P10 NIL.

50. Mayur says:

please help me and tell what can i do?

Server OS is Windows server 2003 standard edition.

I am using one COM dll and one OCX.

51. Mayur Bagal says:

Hi everyone,

It is giving following error in application event…

please help me and tell what can i do?

Server OS is Windows server 2003 standard edition.

I am using one COM dll and one OCX.

52. Dermot says:

I had the same error in a production environment where it didn’t happen locally. I googled the error message and got the following knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911816.

In my case I was trying to audit operations on an application. The auditing component was running on a separate thread. I would get a Sql exception which was being handled but in the handling code I was trying to serialise the audit data to the file system. Permissions were set incorrectly which was not being handled. Hence the error message in the event log.

If you are getting this error it means that the W3WP.exe process is being stopped by an unhandled exception in your code.

Hope this helps

Dermot

53. Vincent says:

Just ran into the same error.

After reading this blog and some links I thought it would be a good Idea to recreate the whole project. (glad it’s a small one πŸ™‚ )

Cecking the code one more last time I discovered that the Dependency to the dot net framework was missing.

Hoping this would solve the probel I recreated the setup project.

Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

I now have to wrap the code in try catch structures to get a better error

One thing I want to add after reading all the posts is that independend on what dot net yuo develop on (I work now with VS2008 using 3.5) this error must be caused by a call to a dll from the 2.x framework. the frameworks do NOT replace each other but add functionality. So even building in 3.5 will make you use 2.0 if the fucntionality belongs to 2.0

54. Gareth says:

I had this sort of error today (system.servicemodel in P4) and it was because my user’s permissions had been altered, moved from the Local Admin group to Power User. You might like to check/update your permissions if you encounter this again.

55. James Wheeler says:

I have been struggling with this error as well.

I have a service which will run fine for weeks and even months and then suddenly crash with this error.

The weird thing is that my top level exception handler isn’t trapping the error and the service still stops.

I am not sure how this is even possible other than a bug in .net itself.  When I have been lucky enough to have it crash on a development box the stack trace is totally down in Microsoft code so I have no idea even where to look in my code.

Here is the service entry point.

// The main entry point for the process

static void Main()

{

EventLog.WriteEntry("DataProxyAgent",bug.Message, EventLogEntryType.Error);

}

if (dpa.AllowExit) break;

}

}

Any help on solving this would really be appreciated.

Please email me since I don’t check forums often.

Thanks,

Jim

james.wheeler.pe@gmail.com

56. Dr Griff says:

I got the error:

EventType clr20r3, P1 MyApplication.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4896d7aa, P4 presentationframework, P5 3.0.0.0, P6 470bc696, P7 b98, P8 46, P9 system.io.ioexception, P10 NIL.

The application worked when I compiled it (VS2008, WPF, C#) and manually installed it, but when I published it to a "File Path" and then attemptd to install it from there, I got the error.

To fix this, I had to switch off "ClickOnce" security, rebuild it and then switch it back on again.

57. Roger says:

Just wanted to share my foundings…

I had the same thing incl. the "P9 system.componentmodel.win32" string. It turned out that the event log for the specific application had reached its limit. After increasing the size limit it worked.

58. MrSOLVED says:

I actually put in a wrong piece of code in the beggining and so it crashed every time i tried to debug the thing but after i commented out it, it is smmoth as silk……..   πŸ™‚

59. Angrist says:

Fixed it :o)

Turns out on certain system setups, most of the time "winxp pro sp2 .NET framework 2.0" and  "win2003 .NET framework 2.0 (not sure which service pack if any)" that don’t have Visual Studio 2005 or above installed) are missed certain dlls that create this error for a variety of different reasons.. I’ve seen forum posts saying it’s due to unregistered dll’s, certain form controls that have member variables that needed commenting out and also corrupted .NET framework installs.

For me it turns out to be a font that was missed out of my setup project, on the above winxp setup (actually running on a virtual machine), it threw an exception during the component initialisation which I identified with the following bit of debug code :o)

”## ————-

Sub UnhandledExceptionEventRaised(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)

If e.IsTerminating Then

Dim o As Object = e.ExceptionObject

MessageBox.Show("Error: " & o.ToString)

Debug.WriteLine(o.ToString) ‘ use EventLog instead

End If

End Sub

Public Sub New()

MyBase.New()

AddHandler AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException, AddressOf UnhandledExceptionEventRaised

Application.EnableVisualStyles()

Application.DoEvents()

InitializeComponent()

End Sub

”## —————

Happy hunting for anyone else trying to work this one out.

60. Bidmax says:

Hi everyone,

I am also running my application 24*7. After midnight it get crashed. I am running it through scheduler. Sometimes the time of crash is 3:47:12 AM, 1:02 AM, 7:29AM, etc

It is giving following error in application event…

EventType clr20r3, P1 Bidmax.exe, P2 6.0.1.3, P3 49a48529, P4 system.windows.forms, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf68, P7 16c6, P8 159, P9 system.componentmodel.win32, P10 NIL.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I did "

In VB.NET setup project, simply go into the properties of respective .ocx/.dll and select ….COM under Register, rebuild " and reinstall in the testing PC.

It didn’t work

this.testcaseListView.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(0, 0);

this.testcaseListView.Name = "testcaseListView";

this.testcaseListView.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(509, 162);

this.testcaseListView.TabIndex = 0;

//this.testcaseListView.UseCompatibleStateImageBehavior = false;

63. Wellinton says:

Hello, I got this error when I instaled my application on a windows vista station.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException

can anyone help me?

64. propulsivo says:

I’ve found an answer to this question.

There are must be some libraries in the GAC, that you were miss put in there.

65. Jatender says:

When i click on application shortcut icon in All programs, Error message displayed "XYZ has encounterd a problem and needs to

close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Error Signature is below.

Error Signature

EventType: clr20r3 p1: XYZ.exe P2: 1.0.0.0 P3: 4a5c12c0 P4: system P5: 5.0.0.0 P6: 4333ae07 P7: 2b7b P8: 5d P9:

system.net.sockets.socket

In Event Viewer very first error logged is "Source SidebySide, Category None, Event ID 32 etc. ‘Dependent Assembly

Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and the last error was the referenced assembly is not installed on your system’ "

In Event Viewer the detailed error log is

Event Type: Error

Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting

Event Category: None

Event ID: 5000

Date:  7/29/2009

Time:  11:44:53 PM

User:  N/A

Computer: HIWEL

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 5000 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting ) cannot be found. The local computer may

not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able

to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part

of the event: clr20r3, rmsdatacopier.exe, 1.0.0.0, 4a5c12c0, system, 2.0.0.0, 4333ae87, 2b7b, 5d, system.net.sockets.socket,

NIL.

Data:

0000: 63 00 6c 00 72 00 32 00   c.l.r.2.

0008: 30 00 72 00 33 00 2c 00   0.r.3.,.

0010: 20 00 72 00 6d 00 73 00    .r.m.s.

0018: 64 00 61 00 74 00 61 00   d.a.t.a.

0020: 63 00 6f 00 70 00 69 00   c.o.p.i.

0028: 65 00 72 00 2e 00 65 00   e.r…e.

0030: 78 00 65 00 2c 00 20 00   x.e.,. .

0038: 31 00 2e 00 30 00 2e 00   1…0…

0040: 30 00 2e 00 30 00 2c 00   0…0.,.

0048: 20 00 34 00 61 00 35 00    .4.a.5.

0050: 63 00 31 00 32 00 63 00   c.1.2.c.

0058: 30 00 2c 00 20 00 73 00   0.,. .s.

0060: 79 00 73 00 74 00 65 00   y.s.t.e.

0068: 6d 00 2c 00 20 00 32 00   m.,. .2.

0070: 2e 00 30 00 2e 00 30 00   ..0…0.

0078: 2e 00 30 00 2c 00 20 00   ..0.,. .

0080: 34 00 33 00 33 00 33 00   4.3.3.3.

0088: 61 00 65 00 38 00 37 00   a.e.8.7.

0090: 2c 00 20 00 32 00 62 00   ,. .2.b.

0098: 37 00 62 00 2c 00 20 00   7.b.,. .

00a0: 35 00 64 00 2c 00 20 00   5.d.,. .

00a8: 73 00 79 00 73 00 74 00   s.y.s.t.

00b0: 65 00 6d 00 2e 00 6e 00   e.m…n.

00b8: 65 00 74 00 2e 00 73 00   e.t…s.

00c0: 6f 00 63 00 6b 00 65 00   o.c.k.e.

00c8: 74 00 73 00 2e 00 73 00   t.s…s.

00d0: 6f 00 63 00 6b 00 65 00   o.c.k.e.

00d8: 74 00 20 00 4e 00 49 00   t. .N.I.

00e0: 4c 00 0d 00 0a 00         L…..

etc.

I am not being able to resolve this error. I dont have any clue why this error occured and dont know how to resolve it.

Please give it a kind look and help me get out of this error.

I am using Setup project to Deploy the application.

thanks & regards

66. Elton says:

Hi Jatender,

Seems you got a side-by-side issue, please check "%SystemRoot%winsxs" folder, if Microsoft.VC80.CRT exists there with correct version. If it doesn’t, please find and install a right vc runtime version your application depends. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Elton

67. Kenny Liew says:

I’ve figured out the problems that I had was because the event logs are full. After clearing these via event viewer (action->clear all Events), it fixes the problem. I’ve now automatically clear all events each time the service starts

68. Prx79 says:

Hi everybody

Cause: two or more apps using the same port.

I detect another cause for this issue, I use a socket port in my windows service and I already have one windows service (test environment) app when I tried to install the second one (dev environment) in the same pc, then I got the error, so the error was that both windows service apps were pointing to the same number port, affortunately it was on the config file so I just change a line in the config file and solve it.

good luck

Prx79

69. Prad says:

I got the same error. It was due to error in the config file. I corrected it and it worked fine.

70. ljeles says:

I had the same error, and it occured while running a windows service on windows server 2003.

After trying many of the suggestions in this thread, a co-worker thought it might be a permissions issue. He was corect.

If you are getting this while running a service on server 2003, make sure you have the proper permissions/security access/admin privlidges.

71. Mois says:

I got a clr20r3 error after loading softwear that asked for .net framework 3.5 update. both work fine on other pc’s but has taken an exception to this one.

Total error message is

clr20r3 P1:my craft studio.exe P2 2.0.0.34912

P3 4b842b41 P4 managers P5 1.0.0.0 P6 4b83cbb7 P7 lcc P8 6f P9 system.nullreferenceexception

Am total novice need help in easy to apply lang please

72. j’ai des error que faire pour les faire sortie de nom odinateur je ne ce que faire.

73. error s’il-vous plaít comonique~`a moi en Francês

74. maliky says:

O.k. I have a problem. I downloaded my blackberry software and did it successfully. But when I try to go to that program, a window pops up and says there is an error. The code clr20r3 is in there. So I googled it and it got me here. Can someone walk me through this cause I suck at compter stuff. All the stuff I have read so far doen't make any sence to me.

75. maliky says:

error signature

event type:clr20r3

p1:  rim.desktop.exe

p2:  6.0.1.18

p3:  4cfdab9c

p4:  microsoft.practices.composite

p5:  2.0.1.0

p6:  4cdaa3a

p7:  12b

p8:  50

p9:  sclhiaanmqhkf4zdfpvvwejkphnm1zuj

That's the whole error signature if that helps

76. John-boy says:

My son also has the same issue

EventType : clr20r3

P1 : rim.desktop.exe

P2 : 6.0.1.18

P3 : 4cfdab9c

P4 : windowsbase

P5 : 3.0.0.0

P6 : 488f1338

P7 : 1357

P8 : 5c

P9 : pszqoadhx1u5zahbhohghldgiy4qixhx

Any clues ?

77. Sunil R says:

Hi. I also faced the similar issue,

I was getting error while even opening/exporting the dts package from the sql server.

I got to know the issue when i checked the event log corresponding to this error. There i could see the same error log as above.

In my case the issue was that Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDts.dll (the correct version 9.0 something required for sql server 2005 ) was by mistake deleted. but thankfully i got it from recycle bin. Restored it and there i go.

78. Sunil R says:

Hi. I also faced the similar issue,

79. Mina Alphonce says:

try to add this

<runtime>

<legacyUnhandledExceptionPolicy enabled="true" />

</runtime>

to ur config it will work fine

80. Prx79 says:

If you get an error with System.Data.Oracle, (it was my case) check your Oracle errors logs, I found an error with one table space.

81. Bob Lamont gVista.com says:

I found that if it started when I included:

using System.Media;

82. melvin says:

EventType clr20r3, P1 seobuster.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 5296cb1c, P4 seobuster, P5 1.0.0.0, P6 5296cb1c, P7 3e, P8 d6, P9

system.nullreferenceexception, P10 NIL.