Cairo Security Camp raffle
As successful technologists never stop learning and great technology never stops evolving, so don’t miss your chance to be one of the MVA members and win valuable prizes with Microsoft
Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) offers you free online training delivered by Microsoft experts to help you continually learn with hundreds of online courses and provides you with certificate for each course that you complete on MVA
Not only do we want to help you learn and increase your knowledge, but we also want to give you the chance to win valuable prizes through our raffle.
The raffle is open to any Developer and IT Professional resident in Egypt
How to participate:
In order to enter the raffle, you need to
- Take one of the MVA ( www.MicrosoftVirtualAcademy.com ) courses from the below list to learn
more & develop your technical skills
- Bring the certificate to our booth at Nile university on Friday 28th & Saturday 29th to enter the raffle
List of MVA courses:
- Microsoft Azure IaaS Deep Dive Jump Start
- Windows Azure Pack: Infrastructure as a Service Jump start
- DevOps: An IT Pro Guide
- Office 365 ProPlus Deployment for IT Pros
- Expanding Office 365 with Enterprise Mobility Suite
- Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center
- VMware to Hyper-V Migration
- What's New in System Center 2012 R2 Jump Start
- Virtualizing Your Data Center with Hyper-V and System Center
- System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Pack
- Licensing Windows Server 2012 R2
- Security Fundamentals
- Understanding Active Directory
- What's New in Windows Server 2012 R2 Jump Start
- Advanced Tools & Scripting with PowerShell 3.0 Jump Start
- Microsoft Desktop Virtualization
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- The Microsoft Hybrid Cloud: Best Practices Guidance
- Windows 8.1 User Readiness Toolkit
- Windows 8.1 Update for Enterprise Jump Start
- What’s New in Windows® 8.1 for IT PROFESSIONALS?
- Small Business: Migrating from Windows XP to Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 To Go
- Windows Performance Jump Start
TERMS & CONDITIONS
In these rules “Microsoft”, “we”, “our”, and “us” refer to Microsoft Egypt a Limited Liability Company, the Sponsor of the Competition. “You”, “yourself” refers to an eligible Competition entrant.
AGREEMENT: In order to enter the raffle, you must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree.
Entry in the Competition constitutes your acceptance of these official rules.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the raffle, you must
be: above the age of 18 (Eighteen) in Egypt at the time of entry. Raffle is
void in all countries except Egypt. Employees, interns, contractors, and
official office-holders of Microsoft and their parent companies, subsidiaries,
affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising
and promotion agencies, representatives, agents, and Judges are ineligible to
participate in this raffle. Microsoft reserves the right to verify eligibility
and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
If you are entering as part of a company or on behalf of your employer, these
rules are binding on you, individually, and/or your employer. If you are acting
within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of
another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions
and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a prize. You
further warrant that your actions do not violate your employers or company’s
policies and procedures.
Participants will be excluded immediately if:
- Their MVA certificate is not within the date of the raffle
SELECTION OF WINNERS: Raffle will take place in our booth at Nile University during the Cairo Security Camp for all Eligible Entries and winners will be selected.
apply to this Competition and to all information that we receive from your
entry. Entrants agree that personal data entered during the registration,
including name, mailing address, phone number, and email address may be
processed, stored, shared and otherwise used for the purposes and within the
context of the raffle. Entrants also understand this data may be used by
Microsoft in order to verify an entrant’s identity, address and telephone
number in the event an entry qualifies for a prize.
By accepting a
prize, Entrant agrees and consents to Microsoft and their agencies use of
entrant’s place of residence, name, and/or likeness to name the entrant for a
reasonable time after completion of the raffle in promotional and advertising
material of Microsoft (or its agents) as a winner of the raffle without
additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
accepting a prize, entrant agrees to Microsoft and its agencies use of his or
her name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without
additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
INDEMNIFICATION: To the maximum extent permitted by
law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Raffle Entities at
all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages,
costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the entrant
and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent
permitted by law, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the
Raffle Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or
proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and
expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or accruing from
(a) any App or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by the entrant
that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or
other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or
violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made
by the entrant in connection with the Raffle; (c) any non-compliance by the
entrant with these Rules; (d) claims brought by persons or entities other than
the parties to these Rules arising from or related to the entrant’s involvement
with the Raffle; (e) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or
participation in any Raffle-related activity or participation in this Raffle;
(f) any malfunction or other problem with the Raffle Site; (g) any error in the
collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or (h) any
typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any
prize or winners.
The Raffle is governed by the laws of Egypt and you consent to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the Cairo courts for any disputes arising out of this raffle.
false information provided within the context of the raffle by any entrant
concerning identity, address, telephone number, email address, ownership of
right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the
immediate elimination of the entrant from the Raffle.
RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Raffle is not capable of running as
planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized
intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or
affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of
the Raffle, Microsoft reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend the Raffle. Sponsors further reserve the right to
disqualify any entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other
part of the Raffle. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web
site, including the or undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle is a
violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made,
Microsoft reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the
fullest extent of the applicable law.
NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of the certificate to
the raffle, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as
an offer or contract of employment with Microsoft. You acknowledge that you
have submitted your certificate voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust.
You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship
or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and Microsoft and that no
such relationship is established by your submission of the certificate under
- RAFFLE PERIOD: The Raffle will take place on November 29th 2014 (“Raffle Period”) at Nile University.
Entries must be received within the Raffle Period to be eligible.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Each entrant has the responsibility to review and
understand its policies regarding its eligibility to participate in this raffle.
If an individual is participating in violation of Entrant's policies or any
applicable law or regulation, that Entrant may be disqualified from this raffle
at the Organizer’s sole discretion.
- 1 Nokia Lumia 620
- 1 Trolley laptop bag
- 1 Hard Disk
- 1 Power bank
- 2 laptop back pack
- 2 Wireless Mouse
Microsoft Egypt reserves the right to substitute the Prizes for other prizes of equal or greater value.
- Prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any other prize
- Microsoft Egypt will not be viable for any corrupted prize once the prize has been given to the winner.
- The winner must present the National ID
- All prizes must be collected from the Microsoft booth during the raffle time otherwise a new winner will be selected
- Microsoft reserves the right to delay the submission of the prize in case of shipping issues.
The winner will be announced at Microsoft booth in Nile University during Cairo Security Camp
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this raffle or these Terms and Conditions.
- In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft Egypt decision shall be final.
- Microsoft Egypt reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this raffle at any time without notice.
- Microsoft Egypt cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
- Participants in this raffle agree that Microsoft Egypt will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this raffle.
- Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify any participant that does not adhere to the terms and conditions or make any change to the terms and conditions at any point of the raffle.