We’re looking for top educators, ready to spread the word about the great things they are doing in the classroom from across Australia. The Microsoft Innovative Educator – Expert Program is an exclusive program created to recognise pioneer educators who are using technology to transform education.
Microsoft is seeking top innovative educators who are using Microsoft technologies to engage students and their peers in innovative ways to positively impact learning. We’re particularly interested in educators who are actively mentoring others, active in social media and have a passion for and a desire to share their experiences.
As a Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert, you will be asked to advocate and share your experiences with peers and policy makers on effective use of technology in education. The Australian MIE Expert community will also provide access to fellow innovative educators to share valuable experiences, lessons and best practices and work together as a community to promote ideas to innovate in teaching and learning.
This is a non-paid, ambassador program, however you will receive some fantastic benefits as an MIE Expert. Benefits include your own Windows 8 tablet, mentoring from experienced innovative educators in the MIE community and, other rewards such as a chance to attend the Microsoft in Education Global Forum in Microsoft HQ, Seattle, in March 2015.
Applicants will be evaluated based on their learning activity, application form and interview if called.
What we need you to be
- An educator interested in developing strategies to benefit and share with other educators
- Energised, with a friendly and outgoing personality
- Able to work autonomously and within a team
- Display confident and articulate presentation and written communication skills
- Full-time educator in P-12 or in a higher education faculty of education
- A fan of Windows devices and services – 3+ years’ experience on a Windows device using Microsoft Office and other key Microsoft applications
What you’ll be doing
- Advocating Microsoft technologies in the context of the classroom and in schools from August 2014 until December 1st 2015
- Representing Microsoft and sharing your experiences through social channels (blogs, communities) online engagements (webinars) and presenting at local events
- Using a Windows 8 device and other Microsoft products and services
- Mentoring and training other educators in applying the use of Microsoft technologies to learning
- Providing input in professional development content for educators
- Collaborating with other MIE – Experts and Microsoft on your experiences
- Reporting weekly reporting on your activities
What you’ll get
- Training at a workshop in Sydney in September 2014
- A Windows 8 device with Microsoft Office 365
- Unique MIE Expert presentation and event collateral
- Monthly incentives for the top MIE Experts
- Select MIE Experts will receive the opportunity to attend the Microsoft in Education Global Forum in March 2015
- Access to an exclusive community of educators with monthly webinars from education specialists, Microsoft technology and education specialists and a private online community
- Mentoring from Microsoft and experienced education specialists
What’s the next step?
As part of the application you will be asked to provide details of a particular learning activity that is a good example of your Microsoft in the Classroom story as well as a simple cover letter and program relevant resume.
We’re inviting educators from the all over Australia to apply for the MIE Expert program today. Visit the Career One application form here to apply.
For any program queries, please email the program team
Richard, who runs our Microsoft Innovative Educator programme in Australia, has asked me to let you know about the opportunity for practising teachers to apply to join the Microsoft Innovative Education Expert program.