Are you using Office 365 for education, or thinking of it? Well, there’s some help available in the IT Academy programme to ensure all your staff, students and administrators are using it to its fullest potential. Which, let’s face it, can be a huge task for a school or institution. Each individual has separate training requirements and starts with a different understanding of Office 365.
IT Academy now offers a seamless access to its training materials and resources through Office 365 for Education. Not only do you get resources to enable a successful deployment and implementation of Office 365, but all Office 365 for education users can have single sign on to the IT Academy’s members site.
If you’re not quite sure what IT Academy is, it’s a global skills program that enables academic institutes to gain training and certification on Microsoft technologies; everything from fundamental productivity skills (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows 8 & Office 365) to Advanced IT Professional courses. And in Australia there are over 450 institutions delivering it. There’s more info on IT Academy in Australia here.
IT Academy offers the following:
- The latest Microsoft software for labs, classrooms, and PCs used by students
- Access to a wide range of Microsoft E-Learning courses and the Instructor Learning Management System (LMS) to help track and monitor student progress
- Discounts on official courseware that is available to academic institutions only
- E-Reference Libraries that offer instant access to over 127 Microsoft Press books online
(Hmm, as you’ll realise I just copied that line from somebody else. I’m guessing that ‘over 127’ means there are 128 books online )
- TechNet subscriptions, which provide a wealth of resources for educators seeking to expand their professional development and students mastering IT professional concepts and skills
- Marketing tools to promote the association with the Microsoft brand and official certification
Office 365 Content & Resources
For Office 365 users, and those planning deployment, the Office 365 content in IT Academy is split into 2 bits – administration & deployment and users. There is a range of eLearning, certification and press books available to complete your user and administrator training plan.
Administration & deployment training
For managing and deploying Office 365, Microsoft exams are available now for Administering Office 365 and Deploying Office 365
And the learning resources are:
- Administering Office 365
- Getting Started with Office 365
- Managing Office 365 Users, Roles and Identities
- Installing Client Computers with Remote Connectivity for Office 365
- Administering Exchange Online Mailboxes and Groups in Office 365
- Managing Exchange Online Security and Compliance in Office 365
- Configuring Exchange Online in a Hybrid Environment for Office 365
- Integrating SharePoint Online with Office 365
- Integrating Lync Online with Office 365
User Training Content
The Microsoft exam for this part is the Office 365 Microsoft Office Specialist Exam
And the learning resources are:
- Communicating and Collaborating with Microsoft Office 365
- Sharing and Working with Teams Using Microsoft Office 365
And the accompanying Microsoft Press books are:
- MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Office 365: Connect and Collaborate Virtually Anywhere, Anytime (ISBN 9780735656949), by Katherine Murray, as a free eBook
IT Academy is available for direct purchase or can be added to any volume licence agreement. For more information about IT Academy please visit www.microsoft.com.au/itacademy or contact Richard Ryan our Australian IT Academy program manager.