The Microsoft Press team have announced that their new book – Microsoft Office 365: Connect and Collaborate Virtually Anywhere, Anytime – is now available as a free ebook in PDF format.
The chapters of the book are:
- What’s happening in the world of work
- Getting started with Office 365
- Administering an Office 365 Account
- What your team can do with Office 365
- Creating your team site with SharePoint online
- Posting, sharing and managing files
- Adding and managing workflows
- Working with Office 2010 Web Apps
- Going mobile with Office 365
- Email and organise with Office 365
- Talking it over with Microsoft Lync
- Designing your public website
- Integrating all parts of Office 365
One of the chapters I’m looking forward to reading is 12 – Designing your public website. I’ve been writing about using SharePoint to create education websites recently (see ‘Ten of the Best – Australian education websites built on SharePoint’ ) and the idea of using the hosted Office 365 service to create a public website might well be something that’s really useful for smaller schools and colleges. It will mean that you can create a fully managed website, with ownership across a broad team, but without needing to buy lots of hardware or bandwidth, or maintain a complex webserver.