1. Kyle Davis says:

Its excellent.  I was searching since morning… Finally i got this right…  Thanks you made my day.

2. Dave says:

Informative post Adam…thanks.

One question – your post seems to indicate a separation between in-place RM and archive RM.

Will SP2010 support a mixture where a link or stub is left in the document library for those documents that have been sent to the record center?

3. says:

Does SharePoint 2010 RM meet the DoD 5015.02 spec?  I don’t see it listed on the DoD’s product register ( although Sharepoint is listed as a foundation for a number of other Vendor products listed in the registry.

4. There is any add -ons in sharePoint which handled records management system frequently.

5. Nolene Sherman says:

I think many records managers still have to deal with paper records, either as older, pre-imaging content or current workflow that just does not lend itself to remaining electronic (realizing that most, if not all, documents are born electronic) or being scanned. I still have not seen anything about how, or even IF, SP2010 will manage paper records processes, such as indexing, check-out/check-in and tracking of folders both on-site and at off-site storage repositories/vendors.

6. Rick says:

As far as the per-item audit reporting, can a user see the history (audit info) from the document libraries?

7. Dheepa says:

How do we upgrade a records center site from 2007 to 2010?

8. Hello,

thank for this precise post. Question : do you have study the compatibility for sharepoint 2010 RM with the new standard ISO 16175  (same text than the ICA text) ? Wath are your conclusions ?

Best Regards

9. Graham Sibley says:

Hi Adam,

Thanks for working hard to improve the RM capabilities in SharePoint! I look forward to what you and your team come up with for the next release.

On another note, I think you will be interested in the SharePoint Records Management Accelerator solution that Collabware ( has created for SharePoint 2010.

All the best,

10. Are Ryan Duguid and Adam Harmetz the same person or did Ryan Dugid post this article on behalf of Adam Harmetz?