Because of some of the database changes, there will be a manual component when upgrading from TFS RC to RTM.
The steps are to uninstall the RC or Beta, Run TfsUpgradeRTM.exe, and then install the RTM bits. Then upload any reports that are required. See http://blogs.msdn.com/team_foundation/
Here are some more detailed steps:
1. Download the TFSUpgradeRTM.exe package and unzip to the TF Server from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=60341
2. Run TFSUpgradeRTM.exe servername /verify to allow the program to connect to your databases and then verify that they are in good shape.
3. Uninstall TFS and the Team Explorer RC versions
4. If you've written any reports, kill them. You will import them later. You can run TFSUpgradeRTM.exe servername /deleteReportsOnly
5. Do a full database backup of all TFS Databases on the server
6. Run the upgrade process by running TFSUpgradeRTM.exe servername. This will upgrade the databases.
7. Install the SQL Server Updates. Stop the SQL Server Browser through the Configuration Manager and then run the fix AS205-KB914595. This will upgrade Analysis Services.
8. Install the Team Foundation Server RTM bits.
9. Ensure the warehouse is working correctly by visiting http://localhost:8080/Warehouse/v1.0/warehousecontroller.asmx and use the GetWarehouseStatus method to ensure successful operation.