Coinciding with Uncle George's re-release of the original Star Wars trilogy, MSDN has published the Developers Guide to Troubleshooting BizTalk Server 2006. The document includes advice gathered from the field, from product support services, knowledgebase articles, first-hand experience, folks from the product team, bloggers, and customer feedback:
- General troubleshooting advice including a tour of common troubleshooting tools and utilities.
- Issues with many of the native and LOB adapters including Base EDI, SAP, J. D. Edwards, and File adapters.
- Tracking Profile Editor error messages and remedies (thanks Keith).
- Orchestrations. Lots of pages on orchestrations. In fact, orchestrations deserve their own book.
- Issue prevention including solution structure, coding and naming practices, and source control information (adapted from Foreman / Nash).
If you have any feedback, please drop me a line c/o this blog. Believe it or not, I and the team at Microsoft reads and acts on feedback. At the end of the day, software is only as good as people's ability to use it.