A Blog Series for Microsoft Dynamics Partners by Kati Hvidtfeldt, US Microsoft Dynamics ERP Cloud Lead.
In last week’s Kati Unplugged blog post we looked at the flexibility of Microsoft Dynamics. Depending on the business situation, different deployment options can have their advantages. Microsoft Dynamics offers customers ERP delivery models to meet their specific needs.
This week, we take a closer look at how cloud and hybrid cloud Microsoft Dynamics systems deliver on the needs of the growing energy industry. Solutions consultant Steve Chapman, from Rose Business Solutions, explains how RoseASP is meeting the needs of its energy-sector customers.
At RoseASP, we’ve been hosting Microsoft Dynamics since 2000. We’ve seen a big increase in the number of companies looking to host their ERP systems in the cloud. Some are upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics from QuickBooks or other systems. And others want us to host their existing Microsoft Dynamics systems so they can focus more on their businesses.
Recently we’ve seen a lot of companies taking advantage of opportunities in the energy sector. An increase in domestic energy exploration and production has many companies redeploying assets into businesses in this sector.
For example, one client is acquiring existing businesses and needs efficient ways to manage and control their expanding portfolio. They chose to use Microsoft Dynamics GP in the cloud because the solution:
· Provides a standard system that their operating companies could effectively use across different types of businesses;
· Allowed them to upgrade existing Microsoft Dynamics GP systems and provide common access and reporting;
· Provides a quick implementation experience and a system that will scale with their growing business units;
· Allows them to focus on their businesses and leave the bulk of their IT concerns to RoseASP; and
· Provides for easy and effective corporate reporting and accounting.
Another customer is an energy based company that was already using Microsoft Dynamics GP on-premise, but wanted to host it in the cloud for these reasons:
· Allowed them to easily update their IT infrastructure;
· Allows them to outsource their continuing IT support for their ERP system; and
· Offers the flexibility to maintain a secure connection to an on-premise, vertical solution used in their daily operations.
For the burgeoning energy industry, Microsoft Dynamics ERP through the cloud offers scalability, resource-efficiency, accessibility, and robust reporting benefits–plus the flexibility to deploy in the cloud while integrating with existing on-premises vertical solutions.
RoseASP was founded in 2000 as a division of Microsoft Gold Partner Rose Business Solutions, an award-winning reseller with more than 25 years of ERP product experience. We are a cloud hosted ERP solution provider and cloud CRM solution provider specializing in the Microsoft Dynamics family of products. As a leading Microsoft Dynamics cloud solution provider, we have had the opportunity to engage hundreds of emerging middle market companies, large multinational organizations, and other Microsoft Partners to provide cost effective cloud-based solutions for businesses worldwide.
To learn more about how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into your business plans visit the Microsoft Dynamics Countdown to the Cloud page on PartnerSource. Go to www.microsoft.com/dynamics/growyourbusiness for resources that demonstrate to customers how Microsoft Dynamics ERP cloud, hybrid and on-premise solutions can benefit their businesses.