While in Seattle last week, I had the opportunity to chat with Rich Miller, U.S. Microsoft Dynamics GP Senior Marketing Manager, regarding the various launch activities taking place for Microsoft Dynamics 2010. There is a partner roadshow starting in February, and partners can drive their own customer/prospect events plus receive some great giveaways! Rich sums up all of the buzz below…
Dear Valued Partner,
We are very excited about the upcoming Launch of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 in May, 2010.
In an effort to make sure that you are fully prepared for the largest Microsoft Dynamics GP launch ever, I would like to suggest a few key action items. By addressing these immediately you will be putting your firm in the best possible position to take advantage of all that Microsoft is doing to help our partners grow with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010.
Partner Readiness – Through March, 2010, we are focused on making sure you are informed of what is coming in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 and that you are in a position to begin conversations with existing customer and prospects. As such, here are a few key events to view on-line and/or attend in person.
• Watch the webcast recording from the Licensing Webcast on 1/20/10. While there are a lot of opportunities in the new licensing around Suites and the Dynamics Client for Office, there are also risks for partners and Microsoft. Risks driven by confusion in the proposal process between our partners and their customers around the new licensing. Partner Licensing Web Seminar
• Register for the February and March, 2010 Sales and Presales Readiness Roadshow taking place in 18 cities around the US. They are a “can’t miss” event for all Dynamics GP partners. See details on PartnerSource. Click Here. Web-based training for those partners not able to attend a live event will be ready in March, 2010.
Partner Marketing – Get out in front of the official launch in May. Get ready to do prospect events after the official launch. For both, Microsoft is there for you to help your drive successful events.
• Conduct a pre-launch “sneak peek” event around GP 2010 for prospects and existing customers. Simply have an event for at least 15 people and we will give you a Zune HD to give away. Do an event for more than 30 people, and we will give you a Convergence 2010 pass to give away. See details on PartnerSource on the Sales and Marketing homepage for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010. Sales and Marketing Home Page
• Develop your own strategies for post general availability “Prospect Launch Events” (After May, 2010). For $299, you can get your prospect events posted on the GP 2010 launch portal. See details on PartnerSource on the Sales and Marketing homepage for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010. Sales and Marketing Home Page
• Review the content on the just released Dynamics GP 2010 PartnerSource homepage. You will find links to sales and marketing material, technical readiness and demos, and pricing and licensing updates. Click Here
That looks like a lot of great stuff happening over the next few months. Make sure you and your customers/prospects are participating!