Microsoft Dynamics Mobile – version 1.1 released today!

It is with great pride that I can announce that we have released the next version of Microsoft Dynamics Mobile on PartnerSource. It is really exciting that we are now making this available for all our Microsoft Dynamics Partners.

With this release we will support:

• Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 SP3

• Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1

• Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 SP1

• Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 SP2

We are releasing in 2 packages, one for the Microsoft Dynamics Mobile - Mobile Development Tools, containing the Server and Framework Components and one for Microsoft Dynamics Mobile - Mobile Sales. You should note that the Server components and Mobile Sales integration objects are already included as part of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 so a separate installation of these objects is not necessary. Also, the documentation is packaged in one installer covering all products.

I am adding here a comment from Product Management whom has really been looking forward to this release:

Put Microsoft DynamicsTM into the Hands of the People Who Need it Most

Did you know that only 15 percent of a company's employees actually use their business management system? And that they are the people furthest from the action. With Microsoft Dynamics Mobile, you can give your customer's mobile employees direct access to their Microsoft Dynamics solution. Give them what they need, at their fingertips, when they need it. Let them check product availability, update key figures, and process orders - fast and easy. Microsoft Dynamics Mobile software powers advanced, easy-to-use Windows Mobile ®-based devices that help organizations with field sales, mobile professionals, mobile service technicians or support staff to drive increased productivity, open new business opportunities and to reduce costs.
We make it easy for our partners. We provide a scalable, extensible mobile platform that makes use of your customer's existing Microsoft infrastructure. You can either resell mobile applications from Microsoft, starting with Mobile Sales. Or develop new, tailor-made applications for your customers using the Mobile Development Tools. We help you mobilize your Microsoft Dynamics solution so you can expand and grow your business.
With the new release of Microsoft Dynamics Mobile, available from March 2008, Microsoft Dynamics partners will now have the opportunity to use Microsoft Dynamics Mobile - Mobile Development Tools to build end-to-end solutions for Microsoft DynamicsTM NAV and Microsoft DynamicsTM AX as well as other Microsoft Dynamics business management systems, create vertical applications quickly, and reduce the application development time for mobile implementations. Components of Microsoft Dynamics Mobile are also included in the release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1.
The Microsoft Dynamics Mobile release also contains Mobile Sales, which is the first mobile application for Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Dynamics AX from Microsoft Dynamics Mobile. Mobile Sales is RoleTailored and task-oriented and an ideal solution for field sales representatives and other mobile employees who need to work in remote locations. The field sales representatives can plan visits, review relevant sales information, and create orders. Microsoft Dynamics Mobile is localized for Microsoft Dynamics NAV in 29 countries and for Microsoft Dynamics AX in 28 countries.
"Mobile Development Tools will accelerate delivery of mobile applications to customers around the world, making it easier for today's mobile workforce to access critical business information from their Microsoft Dynamics applications," said Mogens Elsberg, General Manager, Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions at Microsoft.

1. GaspodeTheWonderDog says:

Hi there, wow this looks great. I can’t wait to start playing with this.

I have a question regarding Dynamics Mobile in relation to Dynamics NAV 2009.

Under NAV 2009 will the Server Connector continue to communicate with NAV through the NAV Application Server or will it be re-architected to talk directly to NAV using Web Service calls or WCF?

2. MSDN Archive says:

Our existing NAS based integration will work out-of-the box with NAV 2009 like today for 5.0 SP1. All the needed application objects in NAV is part of the 2009 release. We are currently investigating the possibilities to add Web Service/WFC integration to the NAV 2009 support as well.

3. bleisibach says:

Is there an active user group or newsgroup discussing issues about Microsoft Dynamics Mobile 1.1?

I have a problem with MobileSales_NAVW14.00.03.fob, beliving a few objects are missing.

4. bleisibach says:

Uiii. Found the Problem. RTFM. I just have overlooked the IntegrationObjects_NAVW14.00.03.fob – anyway, i didn’t find a place to discuss issues about Microsoft Dynamics Mobile 1.1.

5. pti_con@hotmail.com says:

Hi bleisibach, I just created a discussion group for that on my blog : http://blog.createitin.net/default.aspx

Laurent

6. japeha says:

Hi guys,

I’m using the following setup:

Windows Server 2003 (Domain Controller)

Dynamics NAV 4.0 SP3

SQL Server 2005

Windows Mobile 6.0 Device (Emulator)

Internet Information Server 6.0

Self-issued SSL certificate using SelfSSL (*)

Dynamics Mobile 1.1

Mobile Sales Sample Application

I’ve been following the installation instructions (MobileInstallation.chm) precisely. I even went through the entire configuration process twice. However, I keep getting one specific problem.

When I run Mobile Sales and hit Synchronize, it gets going but it will only synchronize the five Item tables (Item, ItemAttachments, ItemBarCode, ItemGroup, ItemSubGroup). The other tables (Activity, Customer, Orders…) are also created, but not filled. No error is returned, everything appears fine.

I’m more or less at wit’s end, and I’d be grateful for any help.

Thanks,

Jan-Peter Hashagen

*) When I use SSL for SQL replication (https://<server>/sqlce3/sqlcesa30.dll), Mobile Sales returns with the following error:

A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed. For more information, see HRESULT.

7. MSDN Archive says:

hey Jan-Peter Hashagen,

The first thing you would do is to check the following on the SQL Server:

– SSIS package(check Log history for run-results and if the package contain all tables, including those not synchronized ?)

– Mobile-Staging Database (Does it contain the tables that are not synchronized on the device? if so, are there any data in those tables?)

– Publication/Replication (pubMobile-Staging, are the not sync.’ed tables defined in the filter ?)

Regarding you issues about SSL, lets get the synchronization working and then we will focus on making the SSL work.

Let me know of your findings.

brgrds.

Jesper Schaadt

Sustained Engineering, Mobile Applications Group.

8. japeha says:

Hi Jesper,

thanks for your advice. I’ll get back to you on that topic later.

For now you (and everyone else) would do me a favor if you’d take a look at another problem I’m having with Mobile Sales.

I posted it here:

Jan

9. MSDN Archive says:

Hey Jan,

I have just reviewed your post at Mibuso.com and I will try to install the ActiveSync 4.5 on my image and make the sync. work by that.

I will post my findings here.

best regards

Jesper Schaadt(Mobile Applications Group)

10. MSDN Archive says:

Im back.

I did successfully install and setup the ActiveSync 4.5 (remember to enable DMA-connections), DISABLED the network card mappings from inside the device emulator and cradled the device emulator(via DeviceEmulator Manager).

The synchronization worked smoothly. Im not sure if its faster, but it sure do works ‘out of the box’.

Stay mobilized …

brgrds.

Jesper

11. japeha says:

Hi Jesper,

thanks for your help. The problem I posted on May 8 was solved. The solution is here:

Jan

12. jevgeny.fedorovich@gmail.com says:

Hello!

Is it possible to run server components on the WinSrv2008 and Internet Information Services 7.0?

13. MSDN Archive says:

hey jfshark,

No, our current version of Mobile Server doesnt support Windows Server 2008/IIS 7.0.

But please stay ‘tuned’ for the upcoming releases, since we have news around these issues.

any more comments, please let me know.

brgrds.

Jesper Schaadt

Mobile Applications Group

14. adilhijazi says:

hi

i want to know if there are customers using Microsoft Dynamics Mobile, and whether they are having any problems using it or not?

thanks