You may receive the following error in the Project Accounting Timesheet or other pages in Business Portal for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Server Error in '/' Application
An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator.
When you view the error in Event Viewer you may see the following:
Exception message: The URL-encoded form data is not valid.
These errors can be caused by a recent Windows Update (KB 2638420) which limits the number of HTTP collection keys in an
To resolve these errors, perform the following steps:
1. On the web server hosting the Business Portal website, browse out to the Inetpub directory.
2. Find the web.config file (typically in the
3. Make a backup copy of the web.config file
4. Open the web.config file in notepad
5. Scroll to the bottom until you find the <appSettings> tag
6. After the <appSettings> tag, add the following:
<add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="100000"/>
7. Save and try Business Portal again.
Note: The following website has more information about the Windows Update: