Microsoft Dynamics GP releases new tools that streamline Customer implementations and increase Partner productivity
Designed to shorten deployment time and enable greater Partner productivity by reducing the time required for routine implementation tasks, Microsoft Dynamics GP has released new tools that help you quickly and reliably install the system, quickly set up core Business Essentials functionality, and efficiently update and then migrate customers’ legacy Intuit QuickBooks data.
In conjunction with the recent launch of the Smart Move campaign, this breakthrough toolset will help redefine how core implementations are performed while enabling you to increase your deployment capacity and accelerate new customer adds. These tools are available to all Partners and Customers at no additional charge, and can be downloaded TODAY from the Microsoft Download Center!
About the Rapid Implementation Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP
· The Rapid Configuration Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP can be used for any new customer deployment – small or large – and is designed to quickly configure core application setup data to meet industry or company-specific needs. By using one of thirteen available industry templates, or a customized configuration template created in Excel 2007, a new Microsoft Dynamics GP company can be configured easily within the intuitive user interface. Settings and data for the core Business Essentials modules (such as the chart of accounts, fiscal years, payment terms, shipping methods, taxes, core financial and distribution module setup, and more) can be quickly set up using this tool. The tool can also export this same data from an existing Microsoft Dynamics GP company database, in order to set up an additional company database or perhaps an entirely new customer implementation.
· The Rapid Migration Tool for Microsoft Dynamics GP quickly converts key Intuit QuickBooks company data to Microsoft Dynamics GP within an easy-to-use interface. Prior to migrating the data into Microsoft Dynamics GP, users can modify master records in Microsoft Office Excel in order update the data exported from QuickBooks – such as changing inventory item IDs or removing duplicate customer records. Customers using QuickBooks Basic, Pro, Premier, or Enterprise (versions 2004-2008) can benefit from the tool's ability to efficiently migrate the following data:
• Master Records: Accounts (including opening balances), Customers, Vendors, Items, Employees
• Open Transactions: Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Payables, Receivables, Inventory (including inventory
• Configuration Settings: Classes, Company Address, Customer Type, Payment Terms, Shipping Methods,
Sales Tax, Vendor Type, Fiscal Years
Note: The DVD for the Feature Pack release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 is already available for download from PartnerSource, and new media will be shipping this month for new customer orders placed on or after June 19th. The Rapid Implementation Tools are available only on the Microsoft Download Center, and are not included with the Feature Pack DVD download or media.
Partner and Customer Benefits
· Partners who offer standard, rapid, and/or fixed scope implementations of Microsoft Dynamics GP can use these tools to offer customers a more streamlined, cost effective deployment – potentially helping you accelerate your new customer adds.
· Partners can also leverage “Jr. Consultants” and less experienced resources for routine implementation tasks like installation, application configuration, and data migration – helping to alleviate the capacity issues you may be facing.
· Your customers may enjoy a lower implementation time and cost of the core Microsoft Dynamics GP deployment – enabling a quicker transition to their new system and a potentially faster return on their investment.
· Your customers will also find value in spending less time on routine implementation tasks, freeing their resources and budget to focus on higher value-add Partner services – such as business process re-engineering, adding advanced business intelligence tools, or deploying integrating technologies like Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
For more information about the Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Feature Pack release, including the Rapid Implementation Tools, click here. For Technical Support on these tools or other components of the Feature Pack release, please call the Microsoft support hotline at 888-477-7877, or use eSupport to submit your questions online.
Action ItemDownload the Rapid Implementation Tools today (Dynamics GP 10 Feature Pack 1 code required): http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=111820&clcid=0x409.