An update to the CRM Online Client for Outlook was released on Monday. You or your users may receive the following notification.
You can also click Start > All Programs > Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 > Update to receive this prompt.
Administrative rights on your PC are required to install this update.
While optional, this update addresses several issues:
- Addresses for synced Outlook Contacts do not match between the web and the outlook client views.
- Task reminders are not disabled in Outlook when an activity is completed.
- A warning message to add Server URL and local host to the trusted sites appears whenever opening CRM client in a security locked down environment.
- Emails with oversized attachments generate a "server might be unavailable" error when tracked in CRM from the Outlook client.
- You are constantly prompted in Outlook to login to the CRM Online Client even after specifying you do not want to sign-in by clicking cancel.
- Auto Update checks to see that a user is in the admin group prior to starting the installation of the CRM Outlook Client - and only proceeds with the install if that is true.
- CRM Appointments were not being deleted from the Outlook calendar if changes were made in the web client and then synchronized.
- When trying to track an e-mail while offline, you receive an error that says "not implemented".
The new Outlook Client version following the update will display as 4.4.9230.729.