Connector for Microsoft Dynamics V3 CU 1 released today

Performance improvements and key suggestions on Connector V3 deployments are the primary new features in Connector for Microsoft Dynamics V3 CU1 (3.1.116.2), which was posted today for download.

Additional new features with this release include:

• Overall performance improvement in the Connector V3 service
  • Overall performance improvement in Connector's log
  • Performance improvement  in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 adapter
  • When you reset the Retry feature, it will now run immediately

To download this release for your Microsoft Dynamics ERP system, go to CustomerSource:

• Connector for Microsoft Dynamics AX
    • If you have applied Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 CU 6 or later, an XPO is no longer needed.  You can run the ConnectorHelper class that is included in this update to accomplish the required setup tasks in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
  • Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP
    • All previously supported versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 and GP 2013 are supported as either new or existing integrations
  • Connector for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    • Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 is supported with this release, however this release is not required for an integration to Microsoft Dynamics NAV.  Any release after Connector V2 RU1 (2.1.29.1) will support Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013  R2.
  • Connector for Microsoft Dynamics SL

Would you like to know more?  Check out the User Guide for your ERP system and begin your installation preparation. I know, I know; reading documentation can be arduous. But you know what they say: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So read the provided documentation to avoid the common mistakes and save yourself the support call.  The user guides for all of the ERPs have been updated for this release and all include a V3 upgrade sections that you should be familiar with before upgrading your existing integrations.  All of the known issues documents have been updated as well so please have a look at those too, they can all be found on the Connector for Microsoft Dynamics download pages.

Note: This release includes an update to the MSDI database that will mean any custom objects you have added to the database will be dropped, however this update will greatly improve the performance of the overall Connector system.

1. Dillon Bailey says:

Hi,

Can anyone offer clarification around Change Tracking and implications on the Connector for Dyanmics AX 2012 R2 – all documentation seems to point to the idea of simply '…select the Change Tracking option in Microsoft Dyanmics 2012' in order to enable or disable change tracking.

I understand from the documentation that Change Tracking must be disabled to successfully work with Dynamics AX 2012 R2 – however no documentation clearly dictates where Change Tracking should or should not be enabled – is it at the database level (if so which database), is it at the table level (if so which tables), is there a setting in the AIF parameters of AX 2012 R2?

The reason this needs clarified is for those who have recently upgraded to R2 and are not aware if change tracking was enabled at any stage by another developer on the instance of AX.  Please provide clarification of where to look specifically for Change Tracking.

Regards,

Dillon

2. thehetz says:

@Dillon – SQL change tracking needs to be enabled on the AX database within SQL server.

3. Dillon Bailey says:

"If you have applied Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 CU 6 or later, an XPO is no longer needed.  You can run the ConnectorHelper class that is included in this update to accomplish the required setup tasks in Microsoft Dynamics AX."  Would it be possible to ensure this line is updated in all Config and Install documentaiton?  I have just spent 4 days attempting to debug a metadata issue that was the source of this class not being run in AX 2012 R2 CU6.

Regards,

Dillon

4. Daniel says:

Hi

Can you connect two CRM with the same ERP (only 1 connector and 3 adapters)?

Thanks

5. thehetz says:

@Dillion – yes we will get this updated ASAP in the documentation.

6. thehetz says:

@Daniel – yes this would be possible.  You would need to create two integrations using the same adapters (CRM and ERP).  After you create the first integration you will need to change the default settings for the CRM adapter so that when you go to create the second integration the CRM adapter will connect to the second instance.

7. Alan says:

Hi thehetz,

I tried upgrading Connector from V2 to V3.1.  (AX 2009, CRM online 2013 just upgraded from 2011).  When I open Connector client, get error saying "A service error has occurred. Please check your server error logs for details."  I looked into Event Viewer, saw connector service  error log.

Unexpected service error on call : http://www.microsoft.com/…/GetDefaultAdaptersWithSettings — Exception Dump — Caught Exception: [System.NullReferenceException] Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Stack trace: at

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alan

8. thehetz says:

@Alan – Have you logged a support request on this?  It is something that we have not seen before so I think that going through support would be the best option at this point.

9. Nathan says:

Hello,

Current Environment: GP 2013, CRM online 2013 recently upgraded from 2011

I tried upgrading Connector from V2 to V3 but was unable too. I had to uninstall Connector V2 and then do a fresh install of Connector V3. However I am now receiving the following error when I open the Connector client, “A service error has occurred. Please check your server error logs for details.” When I check the event logs I see the following error,

“Unexpected service error on call : http://www.microsoft.com/…/GetDefaultAdaptersWithSettings

— Exception Dump —

Caught Exception: [System.NullReferenceException] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

This appears to be the same error that Alan was seeing with the connector.

Nathan

10. thehetz says:

@Nathan – have you logged a support request for this?  Why were you not able to upgrade successfully?

11. Nathan says:

@theHetz I was unable to upgrade successfully because I was receiving an error saying that there could be a data loss in the MSDI table. Error Log rows

“Product: Connector for Microsoft Dynamics — DeployDacPac threw an exception: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.DacServicesException: Could not deploy package.

Warning SQL72015: The table . is being dropped, data loss could occur.”

I was unable to determine what table was being effected. I had to uninstall the connector and detach and rename both the MSDI DB and the MSDI log in order for V3 to install.

I have not opened a support ticket for this yet. Is this a free support ticket?

12. thehetz says:

@Nathan – the support incident cost would depend on your contract for support I believe.  I have no visibility into that matter.  The DACPAC error that you ran into is interesting in that it makes it seem like the MSDI database had been customized somehow, was that the case?

13. Nathan says:

@thehetz

The existing MSDI DB was not customized

14. Andre Cardoso says:

Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestion on Accounts Contact information not been updated from CRM do AX 2012?

I am using Connector for Microsoft Dynamics V3 CU1 (3.1.116.2) to communicate a CRM 2011 RU14 On Premises to AX 2012 R2 CU6. Everything but the changes in contact info in the CRM seems to be working.

The problem is:

– If I create a new Account in CRM with contact info (email, phone, fax …) and publish that account to AX then those contact info appears in AX. – OK

– However, ff I change some information, e-mail for instance, that change does not replicate to AX.

– On the other side, any changes made in AX are been replicated do CRM. – OK

AX –> CRM (create and change contact info – OK )

CRM –> AX (create – OK, change – NOT OK)

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Andre

P.S.: SQL change tracking are enabled

15. thehetz says:

@Andre – this is a known issue with AX 2012 and CRM.  It is documented in the user guide as well as in the known issues document.  We currently do not support updates for Contact Info objects in AX 2012 from CRM.

16. Alan says:

Hi thehetz,

Can you take a look at may question community.dynamics.com/…/118301.aspx

[AX Item to Product] has encountered an error while reading records. Processing will be aborted. Error text: A record level exception has occurred for record 31382-50. Error text : Access is denied.

My integration account has Admin role in CRM.

Thanks in advance.

17. thehetz says:

@Alan – It sounds like the user that you are running the AX adapter as might have its permissions changed in AX, is that possible?  The issue here is that the Item object provider cannot read Items from AX.  Have you logged a support case?  And have you ensured that the AX adapter can connect to AX properly using the test settings button?

18. Alan says:

Hi thehetz,

I encountered trouble again.

Failed to re-configure CRM adapter in Connector for DynamicsV3.1 after ran "transition" in CRM 2013 online

community.dynamics.com/…/119042.aspx

Can you take a look? thanks in advance.

19. thehetz says:

@Alan – In CRM 2013 the discovery service in now: disco.crm.dynamics.com/…/Discovery.svc not dev.crm.dynamics.com not dev.crm.dynamics.com. You can find this by navigating to: settingscustomizationsdeveloper resources.  You will still want to use a non-administrator account for the CRM adapter user and you should not have to re-configure anything after the upgrade.

20. Nathan says:

Hi thehetz,

I am trying to run the GP Sales Order to Order but am receiving a validation error in the mapping of the tracking number. The error that I am seeing is "Field, Tracking Number, contains error preventing successful transform generation".

Have you seen this error before and how where you able to overcome the error.

21. thehetz says:

@Nathan – is this field mapped by default or is this a customization that you have done to the map?  Have you contacted support on this matter?  They should be your first stop for help with this type of issue.

22. Alan says:

Hi Thehetz,

The Price List field is required in the "Ax invoice to Invoice" map.  But in AX 2009 Invoice does not have the Price group field which can be mapped to CRM Price list.

I've changed the CRM invoice entity's Price list field from required to optional, and the AXInvoicetoImvoice.map file in the Connector program directory as well.

re-started connector service and client, but the price list field is still required in the connector client.

any ideas?

community.dynamics.com/…/119176.aspx

23. thehetz says:

@Alan – these types of questions are best answered by support.  Have you logged a support request for this issue?  That being said, the Connector client "sees" a required field based on the "IsRequired" attribute of that field in the object provider configuration file for that provider, so if you change it there then you should be ok.  If this field is set to be required on the map by default then AX most likely requires it and it should have been mapped OOTB already.  Not sure why it was changed in your case?

24. Nathan says:

Hi thehetz,

I understand that after an integration is run I can view any errors inside the connector as well as the log file that is stored on computer running the connector. Do you know where in the MSDI DB where the data is stored to populate the log screen in the connector? The Sales Invoice to Invoice encountered 17K out of 21k records and I would like to find an easy way to determine the causes besides using the log screen for the map in the connector and going through the verbose error log.

25. thehetz says:

@Nathan – which version of Connector are you using?  The schema of MDSI changed in version 3.0.

26. Nathan says:

@thehetz- I believe I am using this version of the connector 3.1.116.2. Is there a way to determine the version of the connector that I am using a different way?

27. thehetz says:

@Nathan – you can right click on the Home node and select to view the version information.  Are you looking to delete the log entries?  Typically when we see a large number of records fail like this they are all failing for the same reason (item not in CRM , Customer not in CRM, picklists out of sync, units of measure not synced, etc.)

28. Nathan says:

@thehertz

The version number of the connector that I am running is 3.1.116.2 I would like to be able to view this error information in SQL in order to assist me in determining a count of all the error types that I am seeing.  Is this possible or do I need to use the error log text file and/or the log rows in the connector?

29. thehetz says:

@Nathan – you can use the Scheduling.MessageSummary View to get this information out of SQL directly.  That is the view that the client uses to access the log as well.

30. Nathan says:

@thehetz

31. Nathan says:

@theHetz

After the transition form Windows ID to Office365 I am unable to get the connector to CRM working. When I test the settings I receive the following error "Could not retreive any Organizations" I have updated the URL to use the disco.crm.dynamics.com/../discoverysvs with no success. I have also confirmed that the user account in question can access CRM from the web with the new Office356 credentials.

Nathan

32. thehetz says:

@Nathan – the user that you are specifying in the CRM adapter settings for your existing integration needs to be in the system customizer and Dynamics Integration roles within CRM, they will also need to have the "IsIntegrationUser" attribute set to true within CRM ONline.

Skip to main content