If you are scheduled to be upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 online or are planning on upgrading your on-premises deployments once the upgrade is available there are a few things to take note of if you are using Connector for Microsoft Dynamics.
Supported Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution
- Only version 1.0.1603.3 of the Connector solution is supported in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- This means that if you are using a prior version of the solution you will need to upgrade to the latest one to ensure your integration continues to work.
- This version of the solution has been shipping since version 2.1 of Connector for Microsoft Dynamics
- The currently shipping version of Connector for Microsoft Dynamics for all Microsoft Dynamics ERPs also includes this version of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution
- If you need to upgrade your version of the CRM solution it is recommended that you also upgrade to the latest version of Connector for Microsoft Dynamics
- The instructions for upgrading to this version are included in the user guide for each Microsoft Dynamics ERP
Changes in Microsoft Dynamics CRM client forms navigation
- Once you have been upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 and you have the proper Connector for Microsoft Dynamics solution version in place you will notice that the "Submit" button for the Contact and Account entities is now available under the "..." option on those entities' action menu
- Much of the required data for the Account and Contact entities to be integrated successfully has been moved to the "Information" form for those entities, so you will most likely want to switch to this view for those entities when creating new instances of those entities
The Connector for Microsoft Dynamics team is committed to supporting Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 once it is released and we have been testing our core scenarios against the upcoming release and continue to do so. Once we have completed our full test pass against the RTW version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 we will post a notification to this blog.