Connector for Microsoft Dynamics V2 RU3 (2.3.1306.1) released today! This release enables integration with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2, and also resolves some of the key issues that you might be facing with your RU 2 deployments. Additional features and updates are listed later in this post.
Note: that if you are using Microsoft Dynamics Online or are planning on up-grading your on-premises deployment to the upcoming UR 12 update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you will need to continue to use the classic forms for the Account, Contact, and Sales Order entities and ensure that the Connector for Microsoft Dynamics solution you have loaded in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is at least version 1.0.1603.3.
To download this release for your Microsoft Dynamics ERP system, go to Customer Source:
- Connector for Microsoft Dynamics AX
- The XPO that is required to enable support
within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 requires Cumulative Update 1 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is installed.
- The XPO that is required to enable support within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 is different than the XPO for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and is listed as a new download.
- Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- This version requires Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 SP 3 when integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.
- Connector for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- This version requires Microsoft Dynamics NAV hotfix 2597312 and hotfix 2721512 when integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2.
- Connector for Microsoft Dynamics SL
Would you like to know more? Check out the User Guide for your ERP system and begin your installation preparation. I know, I know; reading documentation can be an arduous task. But you know what they say: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So read the provided documentation to avoid the common mistakes and save yourself the support call.
Here is an overview of the feature list:
- Features across ERPs
- Entity References in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 are no longer fully validated, meaning that is you have been getting error related to an instance of an entity “not having a value for its dynamics_integrationkey” attribute then you should no longer see these errors after upgrading
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM configuration utilities now list all of the entities available by default rather than having to expand the list
- Filtering now supports converting from a nullable type to its base type, so you can base a filter on a nullable Boolean and compare it to a standard Boolean without having to add extra functions to the filter
- Custom entities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM that have the same display name as the standard entities are now supported
- Custom entities and their attributes are now in the administrator’s language when running the configuration utility for Microsoft Dynamics CRM and when viewing the map
- Features for Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 is now supported
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 adapter now supports converting its DAXIntegration keys from attributes that are of a .NET primitive type rather than just from a GUID
- “Socket Connection was aborted” errors when integrating into AX 2012 are now handled properly