Management Reporter CU7 included many new capabilities that provide for strong integrations to Dynamics AX. To make it even easier for Dynamics AX customers to take advantage of these features, Management Reporter can now be installed directly from within Dynamics AX setup.
- For the current release, Cumulative Update 7 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2, slipstreaming will be required to update existing R2 or newer installations
- Any new releases after Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3, Management Reporter will be available in the setup without any additional steps
The streamlined setup supports either new Dynamics AX implementations as well as adding Management Reporter to an in-progress or existing implementation. The benefits of this integrated approach to installation include:
- Answer fewer questions during installation and configuration and don’t answer the same questions in both the Dynamics AX and Management Reporter installations
- Automatically add the integration user as a Dynamics AX user with proper permissions
- Provide flexibility in determining where the Management Reporter services and client should be installed
Note: This feature is no longer supported starting with Management Reporter CU14. You can slipstream a CU13 installation or earlier, and then update Management Reporter normally from there.
Watch the video below to learn more.