The next report in the “Taking your Financial Reports to the Next Level with Management Reporter” series is called “Quarterly Tax Form.” This report is designed to provide the tax information required when filing quarterly employee tax information.
The concept behind this report was to use the tax form itself as a guide. When building the row definition, each line in forum becomes a row in the row definition, then main accounts are added where appropriate, values are hard coded as needed and calculations are created.
This video includes information on how to create a similar “Quarterly Tax Form” report for your company.
In summary, the key features included in the “Quarterly Revenue by Business Unit” were:
- Customize row descriptions in the row definition
- Calculation format code, CAL, for If, Then calculations
Links to other posts in this series:
- Quarterly Revenue by Business Unit - Are we making a profit?
- Weekly Material Usage - Are we being efficient?
- Budget to Target - Are we hitting targets?
- Postings Audit - Are we entering transaction accurately?
- Statement of Cash Flow - Are we making the right investments?
- Quarterly Tax Form - Are we getting the data needed for taxes?
- Financial Matrix - How are we performing?