The third report in the “Taking your Financial Reports to the Next Level with Management Reporter” series is called “Weekly Material Usage.” Tracking the efficiency of your operations can encompass different types of data and analysis, making it difficult to obtain with a single report. The Weekly Material Usage report accomplishes this and uses key features of Management Reporter to make it short and effective.
The rows of the report contain quantity data from Dynamics AX, the use of main accounts and a dimension, calculations and data from Microsoft Excel. The columns are re-used from the Weekly Campaign Revenue report and show the weeks of the month for more granular analysis.
This video contains how to create a Weekly Material Usage report for your business.
In summary, the key features included in the “Weekly Material Usage” report were:
- Book code modifiers in the row definition to bring statistical data into the report.
- Data from Microsoft Excel and the general ledger in a single column.
- Calculations to get costs and amounts per unit.
- Formatting to draw attention to the key lines of the report.
- Weekly columns for more accurate visibility into the data.
Links to other posts in this series:
- Quarterly Revenue by Business Unit – Are we making a profit?
- Weekly Material Usage – Are we being efficient?
- Budget to Target – Are we hitting targets?
- Postings Audit – Are we entering transaction accurately?
- Statement of Cash Flow – Are we making the right investments?
- Quarterly Tax Form – Are we getting the data needed for taxes?
- Financial Matrix – How are we performing?