If you are using Management Reporter 2012 with Microsoft Dynamics AX, and need to create reports that consolidate companies into one currency, we have some information that will helping in setting it up.
Currency Translation for Management Reporter is completed by running the consolidated report in Management Reporter. This means that if you have a USD company and a EUR company, in order to convert them into one common currency, you must create a consolidated report in Management Reporter.
If you have the need to still use a consolidated company, you can use the links below which show a basic example of consolidating two companies into one currency and creating a consolidated company in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
For more information about Consolidations in Management Reporter, here is also a 7-part series.
- Part 1 contains an overview of consolidating data across one or multiple Dynamics ERPs with the same chart of accounts and same fiscal periods.
- Part 2 describes consolidating across one or multiple Dynamics ERPs with different chart of accounts.
- Part 3 defines the process for consolidation across one or multiple Dynamics ERPs with different fiscal periods.
- Part 4 is focused on reporting with multiple Dynamics AX 2009 instances (AOS).
- Part 5 will show you how to report on consolidation data that resides in non-Dynamics ERPs.
- Part 6 will discuss how to produce a consolidated report in Management Reporter that includes a column for elimination entries.
- Part 7 will focus on scenarios where a company does not own 100% of a subsidiary.