If you’re using Dynamics AX 2009 with Management Reporter and wish to consolidate financial information across companies, we have a few additional tips for you. This blog entry (4th in a series) will help you bring together data from multiple Dynamics AX 2009 instances.
- Part 1 contains an overview of consolidating data across one or multiple Dynamics ERPs with the same chart of accounts and same fiscal periods.
- Part 2 describes consolidating across one or multiple Dynamics ERPs with different chart of accounts
- Part 3 defines the process for consolidation across one or multiple Dynamics ERPs with different fiscal periods
- Part 4 is focused on reporting with multiple Dynamics AX 2009 instances (AOS).
- Part 5 will show you how to report on consolidation data that resides in non-Dynamics ERPs.
- Part 6 will discuss how to produce a consolidated report in Management Reporter that includes a column for elimination entries.
- Part 7 will focus on scenarios where a company does not own 100% of a subsidiary.
If you are using multiple Dynamics AX 2009 instances, the consolidation process must occur within Dynamics AX 2009 before data is reported in a consolidated report. Use one of the three options in Dynamics AX to consolidate, translate currencies, and/or produce eliminations:
- Consolidation, Export – use this in conjunction with “Consolidation, Import” when you need to consolidate across multiple Dynamics AX databases.
- Consolidation, Import– use this in conjunction with “Consolidation, Export” when you need to consolidate across multiple Dynamics AX databases.
- Consolidation, Online – use this when you need to consolidate, translate or eliminate within one Dynamics AX database.
These options can be found in the General Ledger Area under Periodic > Consolidate.
Once the consolidation process has been run, the consolidated company is updated within Dynamics AX. Management Reporter can report on the consolidated company. If a dimension is used as a company account during the consolidation process in Dynamics AX, then as the user drills down, they will see the company listed as a dimension in Management Reporter.
Keep in mind that using a consolidation company is only required in Dynamics AX 2009, because Dynamics AX only allows one for one connection to an AOS server. If you’re using Dynamics AX 2012, you can connect Management Reporter directly to multiple AOS servers, and can use Management Reporter for currency translation and eliminaions.