We’ve had many questions on setting up and synchronizing data between Dynamics 365 for Financials and Dynamics 365 for Sales (CRM), so we hope these videos will help with the process.
Watch the first video below for step by step instructions on the initial setup of Dynamics 365 for Sales (CRM) with Dynamics 365 for Financials:
- In your Company Information window in Dynamics 365 for Financials your User Experience needs to be set to Suite.
- Setup requires 2 users set up in Office 365
- An integration user (needs to be assigned to both Dynamics 365 for Financials and Dynamics 365 for Sales)
- A CRM Administrator (the user who originally set up Dynamics 365 for Sales)
- During the Assisted Setup when entering users, the Integration User should be entered first and the CRM Administrator second.
Note: At the end of this second video Item synchronization is briefly mentioned, please note that Item/Product synchronization is really designed to go from Financials to CRM. You can synchronize Items/Products from CRM to Financials, but only the Item Name will synchronize over to Financials:
- Use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connection Setup window to define how synchronization occurs.
- Synch Job Queue Entries button:
- Use to Set Jobs on Hold when making changes and then to Restart the jobs when changes are complete.
- Set the No. of Minutes between Job runs
Note: It is a best practice to set jobs on “hold” when making changes to the way jobs are ran
- Integration Table Mappings button:
- Define to Synch only coupled (matched) records.
- Define templates to use for default data, these need to be setup prior to selecting in this window. To create a template, search for ‘set up templates’ and open “Set Up Customer/Vendor/Item Templates”, for example, to see Configuration Template List and then under Actions click New to create your own template.
- General Rules for synching data:
- For Customers and accounts
Synch salespeople with Dynamics CRM users first
- For Items and resources
Synch units of measure with Dynamics CRM unit groups first
- For Items and resource prices
Synch customer price groups with Dynamics CRM prices first
- For Customers and accounts
|CRM Record||Financials Record||Direction|
|User||Salesperson||From CRM to Financials; can also be manually coupled|
|Product||Item/Resource||From Financials to CRM|
|Transaction Currency||Currency||From Financials to CRM|
|Unit Group||Unit of Measure||From Financials to CRM|
|Sales Order||Sales Order||From CRM to Financials; orders may originate in CRM. These are written across to Financials.|
|Sales Invoice||Posted Sales Invoice||From Financials to CRM; orders that originated in CRM may be invoiced and posted in Financials. That will update the order status in CRM as well as send the historical (posted) invoice across from Financials to CRM.|