SQL Pass is coming up this month, November 18-21 @ the Washington State Convention Center. You can find details here.
Aside from the multitude of sessions covering SQL Server there are a couple fun and interesting things that I’ll call your attention to.
First, I’m participating in a panel discussing Automating DBA Processes. Quest Software is sponsoring the panel discussion.
The panelists are:
- Allen White, SQL Server MVP and Trainer for Scalability Experts (moderator)
- Kevin Kline, SQL Server MVP and Technical Strategy Manager, Quest Software
- Buck Woody, Program Manager, SQL Server, Microsoft
- Dan Jones, Group Program Manager, SQL Server, Microsoft
- Thomas LaRock, Database Engineering Lead, ING Investment Management
- Charley Hanania, Production Product Owner, SQL Server, UBS
- Brent Ozar, SQL Server Domain Expert, Quest Software
I’m honored to be in such distinct company. You can find out more information and register for the discussion here.
Second, Thursday night is a huge celebration. SQL Server’s very own house band, Flock of SQLs will be performing. Here’s a promo picture of the Flock of SQLs. BTW: that’s me on the far left – yep, I play drums for the group. And yep, this is a shameless plug!
I know in these times budgets are tight. If you are a new or an experienced SQL Server DBA this is a must attend conference. What you’ll learn and the caliber of people you’ll network are easily worth 10 times the cost to attend. In addition to the SQL Server MVPs and numerous SQL Server gurus there will be well over 200 people from the SQL Server product group in attendance. Take a look at the Session grid and I’m sure you’ll be convinced of the value! Here’s some additional information on the event @ Microsoft.com.
If you do attend come find me and say hey!