Microsoft Research in Redmond has several RSDE (Research Software Development Engineer) positions available in Machine Learning + Data Tools. They are looking for people with C# and F# skills - both are used. Prior Machine Learning experience is not necessary.
Details of the first below
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 820733-100079
Division: Microsoft Research
Data is being generated at unprecedented rates. Companies across many industries are looking for ways to unlock the value of these huge amounts of data.
If you are a star developer with a proven track record of writing world class software this is an exciting opportunity to dive into the world of Machine Learning. You will join a small and fast paced team of researchers and engineers building the next generation of ML tools, services and breakthrough technologies. Everyone in the team provides ideas and writes code. We are looking for a strong and creative developer capable of delivering these large scale systems and interactive applications.
In this Research Software Development Engineer (RSDE) role you will:
- Work with a diverse team of researchers and engineers on a common platform that enables interactive machine learning
- Design, implement and debug complex distributed systems for machine learning
- Create innovative UIs to build and debug classifiers and entity extractors
- Build tools and applications to be used across the company
- Interface closely with other Microsoft Research teams and product groups
- Have the potential to impact how machine learning is used throughout the company and beyond
This position requires strong analytical and programming skills. You’ll collaborate with researchers and developers in the broad areas of machine learning, human computer interaction, distributed systems, and large data sets. As a part of MSR, you will work in an environment that encourages creativity and exploration.
- 5+ years of development experience in C#, F#, Java and/or C++ with a passion for writing robust and maintainable code
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related). An advanced degree is a plus but not required.
- Strong debugging and unit testing skills
- Experience with the following technologies: CLR, multithreading/parallel computation, SQL, WPF and WCF
- Machine learning expertise is not required, but the passion and curiosity to learn is
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and a strong self-motivation
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segments: Research Engineer, Developer, Research, Engineer, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology