Microsoft Research are seeking candidates for a 6-month contract position in F# programming to help improve the capabilities of F# in the area of cross-platform and web-delivered data-rich programming.
The candidate should have several of the following:
- Excellent F# programming skills
- Experience with implementing tooling for typed languages including type checking, compilation, code editing and interactive evaluation
- Knowledge of client-server programming and web-service implementation
- Knowledge and experience of F# 3.0 type providers
In addition, we are also interested in people with the following skills:
- Knowledge and experience with Hadoop and other map/reduce paradigms
- Knowledge of schema implementation and transformation in functional programming languages
- Knowledge and experience with web data and API technologies such as REST,
- Experience with applied data-rich programming in areas such as bio-informatics, semantic-web or financial programming
If you are interested in working with us at MSR Cambridge for 6 months and have skills in the above areas, please contact me (email@example.com) or Alex Reed (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your application details. The appointment would be for 6 months from Jan 2012. The position would be on location at Microsoft Research in the beautiful city of Cambridge, UK.
Separately, we are also looking for internship and post-phd applicants in related areas.