Microsoft Research Cambridge is seeking talented software developers to work on the Infer.NET project (http://research.microsoft.com/infernet).
Infer.NET is a framework for developing and deploying machine learning and inference solutions. It has been developed within the Machine Learning and Perception group, which has an excellent track record of incorporating leading edge research into bestselling products including the body part recognition technology in Kinect for Xbox 360 and the advertising prediction algorithm used in Bing. Be a part of the next of wave of the data driven computing revolution!
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing all phases of software development on Infer.NET, including design, implementation, performance tuning, testing, and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar field. A masters or Ph.D. degree is desirable.
- Strong software development skills in C# and/or C++ [ To which Don says: F# also appreciated, but the core of Infer.NET is implemented in C# 🙂 ]
- Experience shipping commercial software applications or services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms, web services and internet technologies, API design, compilers, and networking are all desirable.
- Expertise in server side software development with emphasis on scalability, reliability, asynchronous and concurrent programming is desirable.
The candidate must be willing to work in Cambridge, UK.
Interested candidates should contact John Bronskill (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a resume or CV or formally apply using one of the links below: