Regular readers of my blog will know that I occasionally post links to F# jobs as a courtesy to the F# community. Here’s a job description that got sent to me a coupd of weeks ago, through a recruiting agency. Please contact Joseph.Williams@ITHR.com to apply for this position.
Job Description:Senior Developer (F# / Functional Programming)
Powering over 14,000 trading screens and 50+ marketplaces worldwide, thsi company is the leading provider of real-time trading software for Brokers, Traders and Exchanges. With 99.999% uptime and able to deliver thousands of TPS with millisecond latency, our technology underpins circa 85% of European energy and 60% of emissions trades. Over the past 12-months, the company has grown significantly. We are delivering further growth in 2011 and are producing new products that need to maintain extremely high standard of quality and performance.
The Production function owns the development, quality and delivery of high-quality software products.
We’re currently looking for a great senior developer to join one of our production teams. Day to day you will be responsible for designing and developing software products using agile principles. As the senior developer on a project you will be expected to help motivate and mentor the team while remaining hands-on.
• Lead end-to-end development of software products that are robust, maintainable and extensible
• Ensure the development team finds the right technical solutions
• Produce high quality code with automated tests
• Promote wider adoption and appropriate use of functional programming techniques
• Mentor staff across the organisation
Skills & Experience
• Substantial software development experience
• Practical, real world experience of a functional programming language (F#, Clojure, Scala, Haskell, Erlang, OCaml, ML, Miranda, Ruby etc…); gained in a commercial environment. Proven track record in releasing production quality software
• Excellent Object Oriented Analysis/Design skills
• Expert level knowledge of .Net and C# (.Net 3.5 as a minimum)
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to discuss technical issues in plain English, both with colleagues and potentially with clients
• Experience in writing and maintaining high performance, concurrent software
• Knowledge of common design patterns and their applicability
• Experience of building low latency, scalable trading applications
• Experience of working within an Agile environment (Scrum, XP, Pair programming)
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development
• Experience in some of the following technologies (WPF, WCF, Silverlight, Rx, Linq, TPL)
• Knowledge of OTC or cleared commodity markets
Job Fit & Personal Characteristics
• An approachable engineer who is keen to share knowledge
• Someone who takes responsibility for the tasks at hand
• Someone who has a passion for developing great software
• A confident communicator with the ability to manage upwards
• Always learning more in order to become a better engineer
• A self starter who thrives in small, agile teams, and is committed to delivering within agreed timescales