The F# team in Cambridge have an opening for a contractor specializing in applying F# to industry-relevant domains. This includes developing concepts and demonstrators of using F# to solve real-world issues in cloud computing, with applications to financial programming, technical computing and web programming. A knowledge of enterprise computing topics such as database, CRM and WMI programming is of particularly interest. In some cases this will including using forthcoming F# functionality currently under development and helping to prove its utility.
The contract length will initially be 6 months, with possibilities for extension. The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with F# programming
- Detailed working knowledge of two or more of the above fields
- A love for developing F# code that solves real-world problems, and delivering that as templates, how-to guides and written guidance for others to follow
- Excellent teamwork, verbal and written communication skills
- A deep knowledge of Visual Studio, .NET & functional programming languages, and the ability to dig deep into technical challenges
- Be self-motivated and have a proven track record in driving project work to completion.
You will also have the opportunity to give talks and tutorials on F#.
In addition, the F# team in Seattle/Redmond have openings for specialists in program management (https://careers.microsoft.com/JobDetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=33994&jlang=EN), and software development engineers specializing in compilers and tools (see https://careers.microsoft.com/JobDetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=3&jid=34078&jlang=EN)