The F# Team are Hiring!!!
- Do you have a love for modern, industry-leading programming technologies?
- Can you help us take the F# language to the next level?
- Do you have the vision to combine functional programming with cutting edge technologies for data, cloud, web, finance and technical computing?
- Do you have a passion for delivering great visual tools and a simple, clear end-to-end experience for F# programmers?
- And do you want to work on a talented agile team that releases compiler sources on codeplex.com and has inspired major innovations for C#?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
The Visual Studio Pro team is looking for an experienced Program Manager to drive the F# area. Partnering with your engineering team in Redmond and Microsoft Research in Cambridge, you will define the F# developer experience for Visual Studio and out of band releases such as the F# PowerPack. As a strong customer advocate, you will drive changes into the F# language, libraries and tools. You will develop and update community programs that drive increased awareness and adoption of F#. Being responsible for delivering integrated solutions, you have experience in building strong cross-group partnerships, ensuring alignment of schedules and business goals, and the natural skill of getting things done.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Travelling to major conferences, user group meetings, and enterprises to get people excited about solving problems using F#
- Defining the strategy for marketing F# to the developer community
- Owning our content strategy and community engagement programs
- Driving multiple concurrent projects for the F# team including Visual Studio and out of band releases
- Working closely with groups within Microsoft such as Technical Computing, .NET Framework, SQL and Azure to deliver great experiences for F# developers
- Contributing to the design of all aspects of F# from language & libraries to the tools that integrate with Visual Studio
- 3-5 years experience in Program Management or related experience, including a proven track record of delivering on challenging projects
- A BS or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Passionate for language and user experience design
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, .NET & functional programming languages, and the ability to dig deep into technical challenges
- Strong sense of teamwork, personal integrity, responsibility and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer advocate, self-starter and problem solver
- Strong knowledge of F# or language design on managed platforms is preferred
If you'd would like more details, please either contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Sean Laberee (email@example.com) directly. To apply immediately, please fill in the online forms and drop us a note that you're applying!