The New York City F# Meetup Group is very fortunate to have Jeffry Borror presenting a series “F# for Non-Functional Programmers“. Jeffry recently designed and delivered a 5 day course on F# for Morgan Stanley and the material is drawn from this.
Jeffry Borror has been writing, training and managing technology groups for 30 years. Most recently, he designed and delivered a 5 day course on F# for Morgan Stanley. Jeff has been kind enough to give us a two day introduction to F# at our group based on this work.
This two day session is your opportunity to get over that initial F# learning curve and be better prepared for some of the more advanced topics which will be coming soon. I hope to see you there!
Day 1 will include:
- F# Interactive (fsi)
- Names and values and variables
- Expressions and expression functions
- Really strongly typing
- Pattern matching
- Piping and composition
Day 2 will include:
- Lexical scoping
- Recursion and tail recursion
- Functions as first class values
- Multivariate functions: tuples or currying
- Higher order functions
- Compound data types: tuple, union, list, optional value