Over the last few years the F# team at Microsoft have been very glad to work with the Credit Suisse GMAG group . GMAG (Global Modelling and Analytics)are successful adopters of F#, as they reported on at CUFP 2008. This continues strongly and the group continue to provide essential feedback on the design and implementation of the F# language and its related Visual Studio tools.
The group is now looking for an outstanding project lead for a new initiative where they expect F# to play a significant role. A snippet of the job description is below, contact Howard Mansell (email@example.com) for more details.
THE POSITION: Trader Tools Project Lead (London)
One of the core activities of GMAG is to deliver tools to sales & trading that allow them to analyse markets and portfolios, and price trades. We employ a number of technologies and frameworks, developed in GMAG-AD, for this purpose. Our trader tools are currently deployed with an Excel front-end, with some amount of calculation implemented in Excel. We intend to transition the delivery of these tools to a non-Excel environment. We are looking for an outstanding individual to lead this effort.
Key requirements for the role are:
· Experience of leading teams of highly-skilled technical specialists, and a demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding solutions to difficult problems.
· Very strong understanding of commercial software development processes and distributed team development of complex code bases.
· Ability to communicate well and understand the requirements of modellers and traders.
· Expert-level hands-on knowledge of the Microsoft .NET framework.
· Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms.
· Ideally the candidate will have experience with F#, WPF, COM, C++, C# and web development.
· Experience in the finance sector is highly desirable but not essential.