OK, I’ve been working flat out on the F# CTP of late. Not enough blogging, but lots of design work, compiler work, specification writing. And in truth, I’ve been absolutely loving it. What a great team to work with.
As a pause, I thought I’d explain why I love the way this release is shaping up
- Explorative scripting with F#. New File -> F# Script. A joy. A fundamental part of my day
- Intellisense. It’s simpler. It’s cleaner. It’s easier than ever to find my way around the F# library
- #r in scripts. Never has so much been accessible so easily.
- Workflows/computation expressions. Simpler. Cleaner. Effective.
- Projects in Visual Studio, with both GUI and a project file format that you can reliably edit.
There’s more, much more. Full details when the release is out!