SLAyer is a software analysis tool that automatically proves properties about the data-structures constructed/modified by concurrent systems-level code. Terminator is an additional componenet designed to prove termination and liveness properties. The joint SLAyer/Terminator team is looking for a developer interested in building the first production version of these tools. This position is in Microsoft’s Research division. It will involve a close partnership with Windows Static Driver Verifier team in Redmond, WA.
This position will include:
- Developing the internal components within Terminator and SLAyer
- Integrating Terminator and SLAyer with the Static Driver Verifier product
- Developing additional infrastructure for future program verification tools
Candidates should have the following technical qualifications:
- MS. or Ph.D. in Computer Science
- 2+ years development experience highly desirable (e.g. experience shipping software)
- Knowledge of algorithms and techniques of program analysis is necessary, at least, from one of the two angles: formal verification or compiler design.
- Experience with ML-like programming language (F#, OCaml) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of and experience with OS internals or driver development is a plus
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Leadership abilities and cross-team collaboration skills
To apply or request further details, please contact our Human Resources Department by email: email@example.com Closing date for applications is Friday, 30 November 2007. Microsoft Research is an equal opportunities employer