Error: The type Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WebAccess.WebParts.<NAME>, Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WebAccess.WebParts, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a could not be found or it is not registered as safe.
Cause: There is a missing <SafeControl> entry in the
web.config file for the SharePoint web application hosting the dashboard page
To confirm the issue:
- Locate the root web.config file for the SharePoint web application
- Confirm the file contains <SafeControl> entries for Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WebAccess.WebParts.* types for both v10 and v12, but not v11.
- Manually add the corresponding v11 <SafeControl> entries in the web.config file
- Refresh the TFS Dashboard page. If the controls start to display, then you’re on the right track.
- Undo the manual change.
To “deploy” the fix:
- Deactivate the “TswaV11” feature using the url for the web application. Wait for a while (5 mins) until the change is able to propagate to the web.config file for all servers in the farm.
- Deactivate the “TswaV12” feature and wait.
- Verify that the <SafeControl> v12 entries are removed from the web.config files on all the relevant SharePoint servers.
- Edit the following file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\TswaV11\feature.xml
- Change the value to read: <Property Key="SafeControlVersion" Value="22.214.171.124" />
- Activate the “TswaV11” feature and wait. The v11 <SafeControl> entries should now be there.
- Activate the “TswaV12” feature and wait. The v12 <SafeControl> entries should now be there.
- Refresh the dashboard page and the original controls should be working now.
We are planning a product fix for this in future updates.