SQL Server 2012 RC0 is out there, with a bunch of new DQS features and improvements!
In addition to usability improvements and bug fixes, we have introduced the following new features in this release:
- Import knowledge from a cleansing project to a knowledge base – a new feature that is available from the domain values screen, enabling you to import knowledge from cleansing projects back to your knowledge base (KB). For more information, see Import Cleansing Project Values into a Domain.
- Have spelling mistakes in your data? You can now use the ever-favorite Office speller as part of the DQS client, with the familiar squiggle and user interface. For more information, see Use the DQS Speller.
- Composite Domain rules can now be used to correct values, and not only detect rules violations.
- Import values from excel – now you can import values together with their synonyms.
- Have unstructured composite domain values? KB parsing is a new feature that takes advantage of your knowledge for a more accurate parsing. More details on this feature will be posted soon.
- It’s possible now to modify server log settings through the client UI. For more information, see Configure Severity Levels for DQS Log Files.
- DQSInstaller is now available from the Start menu for an easier DQS server installation.
- There is no longer a need to explicitly run DQSInstaller with elevated privileges.
- A new catalog is added during server installation – DQS_STAGING_DATA, as a default store for data processed by DQS. However, other catalogues can be used as well.
- There is no longer a need to add the 2 DQS internal users to customer catalogues. Catalogues are seamlessly accessible by DQS using the user’s credentials.
And – this release includes significant performance improvements across the system.
Feedback and comments are welcome!
The DQS Team