- .NET Architecture, .NET Core 2.0 status, Happy Birthday .NET with Matt Gertz, On .NET with Don Schenck on Red Hat, Fable
- Happy Birthday .NET with Chris Sells, free ASP.NET Core book, We are the Dwarves
- Happy birthday .NET with Robin Cole, TinyORM, 911 Operator
Microsoft Build 2017
.NET Core 2.0 status
Only a few days to go before we reach zero bugs. Great progress has been made, but we are still 163 bugs away from zero.
Happy birthday .NET with Eilon Lipton
In February we took a camera crew to the Microsoft Alumni Network’s big .NET 15th birthday bash and caught up with team members past and present. In this interview we chat with Eilon Lipton who’s been a developer at Microsoft since 2002 working mostly on the ASP.NET web stack. He chats about his masterpiece, the update panel (eeeek!), and some of the other great moments in .NET and his career.
On .NET: Alfonso García-Caro on Fable
Package of the week: Stanford CoreNLP
Meetup of the week: Kafka for .NET in Morrisville, NC
The Triangle .NET User Group holds a meeting on Wednesday at 5:30PM in Morrisville, NC where you’ll learn about Kafka, Apache’s distributed publish-subscribe messaging system.
- Announcing the .NET Framework 4.7 General Availability by Rich Lander.
- Arrays and the CLR – a Very Special Relationship by Matt Warren.
- ClrMD Part 3 – Dealing with static and instance fields to list timers by Christophe Nasarre and Kevin Gosse.
- Use a XBox Controller to control your Angular2 App by Martin Kramer.
- Testing .NET Core with NUnit in Visual Studio 2017 by Rob Prouse.
- Who needs Visual Studio? A look at using .NET Core on Linux by Iveta Moldavcuk .
- Debugging .NET core with SOS everywhere by Pam Lahoud.
- Step by step: Kafka Pub/Sub with Docker and .Net Core by Carlos Mendible.
- How to Write a Sophisticated SPA: TodoMVC using C# by Muigai Mwaura.
- Using .NET Core 2 to read from an I2C device connected to a Raspberry Pi 3 with Ubuntu 16.04 by Jeremy Lindsay.
- Domain Command Patterns – Handlers by Jimmy Bogard.
- Fiddler And LINQ by Eric Lawrence.
- Maximizing Throughput – The Overhead of 1 Million Tasks by Daniel Crabtree.
- Extending RestSharp to Handle Timeouts in ASP.NET MVC by Matthew Jones.
- Starting a http file server from the file explorer using .NET Core by Gérald Barré.
- ASP.NET Core – API versioning by convention by TPodolak.
- IIS and ASP.NET Core Rewrite Rules for Static Files and Html 5 Routing by Rick Strahl.
- Large JSON Array Streaming in ASP.NET Web API by Robert Vandenberg Huang.
- Create API with ASP.NET Core (Day 1): Getting Started and ASP.NET Core Request Pipeline by Akhil Mittal.
- Installing ASP.NET Core Docker For Windows by Sibeesh Passion.
- Login & Authentication for your ASP.NET Core Web API – The Big Picture by Jon Hilton.
- Using Angular in an ASP.NET Core View with Webpack by damienbod.
- Secure ASP.NET Core MVC with Angular using IdentityServer4 OpenID Connect Hybrid Flow by damienbod.
- Plugins for ASP.NET Core Middleware by Michal Dymel.
- Publish And Deploy ASP.NET Core MVC On IIS by Jignesh Trivedi.
- Using ImageSharp to resize images in ASP.NET Core – Part 2 by Andrew Lock.
- Registering Open Generics in ASPNET Core Dependency Injection by Steve Smith.
- When Should You Upgrade to ASP.NET Core? by Steve Smith.
- Self Descriptive HTTP API in ASP.NET Core: Object as Resource by Derek Comartin.
- Adding WebApi & OAuth Authentication to an Existing Project by Mitchell Sellers.
- ASP.NET Core Anatomy (Part 4) – Invoking the MVC MiddlewareDissecting and understanding the internals of ASP.NET Core by Steve Gordon.
- Just Another .NET AOP Framework: NConcern by Jung Hyun, Nam.
- Practical C# Videos – Tuples and Is Expression by Andrea Angella.
- The curious case of async, await, and IDisposable by Bill Wagner.
- De-virtualization in CoreCLR: Part I by Ayende Rahien.
- De-virtualization in CoreCLR: Part II by Ayende Rahien.
- .NET Core with csproj by Christian Nagel.
- F# Survey 2017 by the F# community.
- Tooling for Your .NET Projects, by Rachel Reese
- ON.NET – Alfonso García-Caro – Fable
- Calling F# Code in a C# Project, by Connel Hooley
- Scratching a 7-Year Itch, by Paulmichael Blasucci
- Higher Kindended Types in F# Part IV – Signature Annotations, by Robert Kuzelj
New F# RFCs:
There is more content available this week in F# Weekly. If you want to see more F# awesomeness, please check it out!
- Xamarin Beta Release: 15.2 Preview 2 by Luis Aguilera.
- Pre-release: Xamarin.Forms 126.96.36.199-pre2 by David Ortinau.
- Xamarin University Guest Lecture Recordings Now Free for Everyone! by Mark Smith.
- Making Your Xamarin.Forms Apps Accessible by Paul DiPietro.
- Shopbox Uses C# to Empower Small Business Owners with the Point of Sale System of the Future by Lacey Butler.
- Welcome the New Xamarin MVPs! by Jayme Singleton.
- Xamarin Events Blossoming in May by Jayme Singleton.
- Developing Enterprise Apps using Xamarin.Forms by David Britch.
- Snack Pack 11: Understanding Android API Level Settings by The Xamarin Show.
- Moving towards MvvmCross 5.0 by MvvmCross.
- Create a Backend for Xamarin.Forms using Azure Mobile App’s Easy Tables by Bryan Anthony Garcia.
- Fantastic Fonts in Xamarin.Forms by Matthew Soucoup.
- Things I Think Are Cool: JSON Copy in Xamarin Studio by Matthew Soucoup.
- Xamarin.Tips – Creating a Material Design Button in iOS by Alex Dunn.
- Xamarin.Tips – Making Your iOS Frame Shadows More Material by Alex Dunn.
- Xamarin.Tips – Bringing Material Design Fonts to iOS by Alex Dunn.
- Xamarin.Tips – Overriding Android Button Shadows/Elevation by Alex Dunn.
- Xamarin forms – custom ListView separator without BoxView by Glenn Versweyveld.
- Get more reviews for your Xamarin.Forms app with iOS 10.3 by Gerald Versluis.
- Xamarin Forms For Windows Developers: Tips, Tricks And Lessons Learned, Part 1 by Scott Peterson.
- Xamarin Forms For Windows Developers: Tips, Tricks And Lessons Learned, Part 2 by Scott Peterson.
- Solving Real-World Problems with Xamarin.Forms by Sam Basu.
- Android emulator crashes as soon as it starts by Jan Tourlamain.
- Filtering Application Insights by Ramon de Klein.
- Build a Serverless MBaaS with Azure Functions by Adrian Hall.
- Make App Promotions Work: Acquire & Re-engage the Right Set of Users By Kiran Bangalore
- Master the Master-Detail Pattern By Windows Apps Team
- Hitchhiking the HoloToolkit-Unity, Leg 14-More with Spatial Understanding by Mike Taulty
- CultureInfo changes in UWP – Part 2 by Pedro Lamas
- What is Micro ORM? by Gunnar Peipman.
And this is it for this week!
Contribute to the week in .NET
As always, this weekly post couldn’t exist without community contributions, and I’d like to thank all those who sent links and tips. The F# section is provided by Phillip Carter, the gaming section by Stacey Haffner, the Xamarin section by Dan Rigby, and the UWP section by Michael Crump.
You can participate too. Did you write a great blog post, or just read one? Do you want everyone to know about an amazing new contribution or a useful library? Did you make or play a great game built on .NET? We’d love to hear from you, and feature your contributions on future posts:
- Send an email to beleroy at Microsoft,
- Comment on this gist
- Leave us a pointer in the comments section below.
- Send Stacey (@yecats131) tips on Twitter about .NET games.