dotnetConf 2016 is a wrap! Thank you to all who tuned in live on Channel 9, asked questions, and participated in our twitter feed. We had a lot of awesome sessions from various product teams and community experts that showed us all sorts of cool things we can build with .NET across platforms and devices. There’s never been a better time to be a .NET developer!
Here’s a recap of the big announcements we made:
- Scott Hunter announced that we will be releasing .NET Core and ASP.NET Core 1.0 on June 27th to coincide with Red Hat DevNation!
- Miguel de Icaza announced the release of Xamarin Cycle 7 features for Xamarin Studio, Xamarin for Visual Studio, Xamarin.iOS, and Xamarin.Android. Check out his blog post for details on all the new features.
- Scott Hanselman welcomed the newest project to join the .NET Foundation – Cake (C# Make). He also gave us a lot of information on the state of .NET and our ecosystem as well as how you can get involved and make a difference.
And here’s the list of sessions so you can jump right in!
- .NET Conf Day 1 Keynote – Scott Hunter
- .NET Conf Day 2 Keynote – Miguel de Icaza
- .NET Conf Day 3 Keynote – Scott Hanselman on The State of .NET
- .NET Goes Open Source… and You Can Too!
- .NET Universal Windows Platform Development
- A Lap Around OctoKit.NET
- ASP.NET Core – deep dive on building a real website with today’s bits
- Azure Mobile Apps: Going Beyond the Basics
- Building AllReady: Saving Lives with ASP.NET Core
- Building Secure Web APIs with ASP.NET Core
- Debugging Tips and Tricks for .NET Developers in Visual Studio
- Deploying ASP.NET Core applications using Docker Containers
- Exposing Your Business Services to the Web & Mobile
- F# for the Practical Developer
- From 0 to Open Source: Shipping the GitHub Extension for Visual Studio
- Get Crash Diagnostics and User Metrics for your .NET UWP App using HockeyApp
- Introducing C# Developers to Building Games with Unity – For the Hobby Developer
- iOS & Android Development for the C# Developer with Xamarin
- Modernize ASP.NET Web Forms with Visual Studio 2015
- Monitoring Your Mobile Apps in the Wild
- NuGet Deep Dive: Accelerating your .NET Development
- Project Centennial: Bringing Existing .NET Applications to the Universal Windows Platform
- Publishing ASP.NET Core Applications
- The Power of Roslyn: Improving Your Productivity with Live Code Analyzers
- Xamarin.Forms: Do More With Less
Attend a dotnetConf.local event
But wait, it doesn’t end here! Why sit in front of your computer all day when you can get out for an in-person .NET meetup?! We’re partnering with .NET meetups around the world to bring you .NET content from dotnetConf in person to a city near you. We’re calling it dotnetConf.local. We’re reaching out to .NET user group leaders who have scheduled .NET presentations June through September on the topics presented here at dotnetConf and offer to fund your meals. Not pizza! 🙂 Check the www.dotnetConf.net website often for a list of participating meetups near you. We’ll keep updating the site as more come on board.