Targeted Release Office 365 customers are rolling out the ability to create and use custom site designs, which better align with the preferred look & feel and structure.
Site designs benefits:
- Custom site designs and custom site themes apply to both team sites and communication sites.
- A tenant-wide gallery helps to ensure each site can be assigned the right set of themes and designs by the right people
- Site designs help apply a consistent set of actions (setting the site theme, creating lists & columns), recording the new site URL to a log, or even sending an email to a person or group.
- Users can see the custom site design as a choice during site creation if they are approved
- Site design framework enables customers to create and apply additional site configurations programmatically through and after the SharePoint site creation experience.
- New options for applying custom color palettes to sites.
- Using site scripts to customize how SharePoint sites are being provisioned. Site scripts are non-destructive.