Version 1 of the Open XML SDK is now available for free download from MSDN. Here are the links:
- Open XML Formats SDK download link:
- Open XML Formats SDK documentation:
- MSDN Forum: Open XML Format SDK:
- What's New in the Open XML Format SDK 1.0:
- Changes in the April 2008 CTP:
- Erika Ehrli's blog post has a great overview of this release of the SDK, with many related links to more info.
- Watch for more information coming soon on Eric White's blog as well.
This is the final "go-live" Version 1, so you can deploy solutions that you build using this version.
Going forward, the next step for the SDK will be the CTP of Version 2 planned for this summer, as covered in the Open XML SDK roadmap. We'd love to have even more developers providing feedback on the CTPs through the Connect program; here are the steps for signing up:
- Sign up and register on the Microsoft Connect site. (You will need a Windows Live ID, which you can get here if you don't already have one.)
- Email your Live ID account name (not password :-)) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The folks running the program will then send you an invitation to join with more information.
Open XML Developer Resources
In addition to the links above, don't forget about all of the great Open XML content on MSDN. These resources can help you get up to speed quickly on Open XML development topics:
- XML in Office Developer Portal:
- Open XML Formats Resource Center: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb265236.aspx
And if you're at TechEd this week in Orlando, come on by the Open XML booth, where we're giving away brand-new hot-off-the-presses Open XML developer posters, recently updated by Erika. We're in the building on International Drive with colossal clamshells above both ends ...