A few days ago I was working on a new laptop and I noticed that after I installed Office 2007 the English dictionary in Outlook Express had been changed to the French dictionary. I also noticed that I was unable to change it back to the English dictionary. I have been able to fix this in the past by just going in to Outlook and selecting the dictionary that I wanted to use, and it would take care of this for Outlook Express as well. This time was different and it did not fix it. So after some research I found an easy way to fix this. There is a spelling checker you can install for Outlook Express that will reinstall the default English Dictionary. Download Spell Checker For OE.
NOTE: This application has no spyware or adaware!