If you’re anything like me you have a few app dev “in progress” projects that with a little nudge will get them over the finish line, if so, this challenge is for you.
So with that in mind and to mix up the training, appsfests and initiatives to date then get 4 projects published to the Windows 8 Store between now and 12 Midnight AEDST Dec 28th and an ASUS Vivo Tab RT could be yours for Christmas/Holiday Season. Great bragging rights, it’s an awesome wee device, I know, I bought oneJ
How to Register?
Register here and be sure to read the Terms and Conditions below.
How to Claim your Asus Vivo Tab RT
- When you’ve successfully published the new Apps as per the Terms and Conditions, and the Apps have passed Windows Store certification and are publicly available. Send us the links
to the 4 apps.
- We will send you an Asus Vivo Tab RT
Terms & Conditions
- Qualifying apps must be published in the Windows Store between December 1st 2012 and 12 Midnight AEDST December 28th 2012 (be sure to allow 5 business days for certification).
- Publish 4 new apps for an Asus Vivo Tab RT. The offer is limited to 1 Asus Vivo Tab RT per developer.
- The sooner you publish your new apps the sooner you’ll receive your device. Devices will be delivered within 30 days of accomplishing the challenge.
- Apps must be new and published to the public Windows Store, and excludes updates to existing apps.
- This offer is only open to Australian based developers, over 18 years of age, who submit apps to an Australian registered Windows Store account.
- For budgeting purposes, this offer is limited to 40 x Asus Vivo Tab RT devices and is limited to 1 device per developer.
- Developers will need to have a valid Australian registered Individual or Company Windows Store account registered to be able to submit to the Store.
- Employees and their immediate families of the promoter, its retailers, suppliers and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
Status of the Challenge
In January, Nick Hodge will post a list of the successful developers via a blog post on http://lalaninja.com.au/
Resources to help you succeed
General Tips for Entering this Challenge
- If you haven’t already done so, then register on Windows Store now. If appropriate, personal registrations are easier with less verification needed than a company registration.
- Keep initial feature set simple and quality high, especially if this is your first app; you can always add additional features in future updates.
- Read the Windows App Store Guide. And read the “Avoiding common certification failures”
- Ensure you run the “Windows App Certification Kit” tool before submitting your app to the Store. 5. Allow time for you app to go through the App certification process. This may take up to 5 business days.
Refer a Developer Buddy
If you have a developer or designer buddy you think would be interested in Windows 8 development then please refer them to the Windows 8 Australian Developer Community and pass on the details of the Windows 8 App Challenge.