Well writing this version has been both fun and frustrating, but mostly fun given I've learnt a stack and pleased with the result!!"Convert It" runs on a Windows Mobile Smartphone with the Compact Framework V1 installed on it, essentially Windows Mobile 2003(inc SE) and above!! As the name suggests it does conversions.
It supports four types of conversions
- Stock Quotes
- Currency conversions with Tax, Tip and Split options
- Currency conversions work offline
- Full online updating of Currency Rates and Stock Quotes
- Unit Conversions including Length, Area, Volume, Angle, Speed, Weight, Pressure, Time, Computer and any you want to add yourself.
- Temperature Conversions, Celsius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin
- Create, edit, reorder your own Conversion Categories with ease all from your phone.
- Set the default startup category and default category items
- Version Checking from the About Screen
- Supports Smartphone VGA and QVGA Displays
The source code is available at http://projectdistributor.net/Releases/Release.aspx?releaseId=282, download it, install the test certificates (before loading the project in to Visual Studio 2005), pick it to pieces and get going on you own .NET Compact Framework Smartphone or Pocket PC (inc Phone Edition) project!!:-)
- Download the ConvertItCab.cab file from one of the Installation Locations
- From Activesync copy the cab file to a known location on your Smartphone - suggest the "\Windows\Start Menu\Accessories" directory, once copied then from your Smartphone navigate to the the Accessories menu and click on it to start the installation process. An application shortcut will appear on the Start Menu.
General Overview of Convert It
For more information on Convert It 2.6 click here.
Many thanks to Peter for time, suggestions and testing, awesome and really appreciated!!