None of this new or rocket science, but the last few weeks I've been reacquainted with the following truths...
- Writing software is getting easier, writing "bug free" software is still hard, writing "user friendly" "bug free" software is harder still!!
- Disks crash, not if, but when!!
- Cables breed!! - ok, last two are hardware:-)
- Visual Studio 2005 is very good, not perfect, but awesome given the scope.
- If you've not done this already then turn on Visual Studio 2005 "Code Analysis" (Project Properties -> Code Analysis, go grey, figure what is important and learn - the built in guidance is great:-)