So Hunger Games is going to be one of the biggest movies of all time, and Lion’s Gate is pretty happy about that. However, what is the sleeper book that you can get for free? Charles Pertzold’s “Programming Windows Phone 7” is a sleeper. This gripping story of a SmartPhone system’s excellence at design and implementation is under attack by large corporations. If you read no other book about Windows Phone 7, you MUST read this one:
Charles Pertzold has written other books, starting with a classic on how to program Windows using languages like C, C++ and so forth. Careers and empires have risen and fallen since his first book, Charles continues to work through the turmoil of the modern work, creating instructions for success.
So given the choice between paying a bunch of money to see “Hunger Games” or reading Charles Pertzold’s Programming Windows Phone 7, I will have to go with the classic, Programming Windows Phone 7.
Charles, two thumbs up for your excellent and classical work!
(You might be thinking that this is a hopelessly use of a big name to drive views to my blog. Do you really think that I would do something like that?)
By the way did you know that the following actors are in Hunger Games?
- Jennifer Lawerence as Katniss Everdeen
- Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark
- Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne
- Woody Harrelson as Haymetch Abernathy
- Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket
- Lenny Kravitz as Cinna
If you are still trying to figure out why I wrote this blog here is why:
1. Much of the art in the film is done using digital tools that require math and science, so these are important classes in High School, do not goof off in them. If you are a parent you can use this movie to discuss the importance of science, engineering and math in the creative process.
2. If you are in college and are thinking about dropping a science, technology, engineering or math major, please go to the Chairman’s office of the department and ask them for assistance in getting a tutor. It is that important. Most schools will do what it takes to keep you in your major.
3. If you have dropped out of college because of some reason, please go back and take computer science course, get a degree in computer science.