Starting your career designing Windows Phone 7 using the Metro Design process
To get started watch the three videos at:
Although when using the phone, the design flows, as a software designer, architect or engineer knowing the basic concepts of the Windows Phone design concepts is important.
At the end of the three videos you should have a good idea of how the Windows Phone Metro design functions, and the motivation that drives the Metro Design.
- For instance what is the font? Segoe WP is the recommended font
- Name one of the application level animations: Zoom
Also did you notice that there are a number of ways to navigate, none use physical buttons but rather focus on the use of gestures.
Metro Design Language of Windows Phone 7
- Guiding Principles of the Design Language
- Windows Phone 7: Starting to Design an Application
- Design Tips and Tricks for Windows Phone 7
- Layout Tips and Tricks for Windows Phone 7
- Taking Advantage of Photoshop Templates
- FXG Import and Workflow (Flash XML Graphics File)
- Designing for Gestures on Windows Phone 7
Where to go from here:
Read the following Steven Sinofsky blogs, even though they are mostly words and long, you should take the time to read them:
- Designing for Metro style and the desktop
- Building Windows for the ARM processor architecture
- Metro style browsing and plug-in free HTML5
- Supporting sensors in the OS that can’t be named, yet
- Reengineering the Windows boot experience
How to create a bootable USB Flash drive to install Windows OS after Windows 7 Developer Review
- Although you might want to wait till Feb. 29, 2012