[The following material is from http://blogs.msdn.com/devschool, if you are viewing this from another site, please switch to the original.]
- Create an intermediate verifier system for large code based systems. You could use some of the ideas from Microsoft Research like Boogie, Dafny, etc. To make money you would offer the ability for a company to run their large software project through your verifier and This idea would require that you run the verifiers in the cloud. Details are left for the reader, but check out these ideas at:
Azure Based Rendering Engine: Work with existing software companies to help them expand their software to be supported by multiple CPUs when needed and none when not. Total control over the costs prior to running the rendering engines. Pixar has done this for their rendering engine.
Azure based artificial intelligence for specific domain knowledge systems
- Check out the language and program verifiers for functional correctness using the Rise4Fun site:
- Think about it, engine on Azure, CPU Utilization only when needed, fixed costs, mostly sales when you get everything set up, this is a simple business model. A little tricky on the technology side. Would be a great set-up and sell company.
Azure based behavioral game theory experiments that you would run for consumer research groups.
- Example: Beer making, beer making has a number of variables and Micro-Breweries might not be able to afford the current AI systems used by the larger breweries
- Example: Forecasting Sales, Revenue, etc.
Azure based economic game theory system used for decision making
- Check out the behavioral Research Games (which are a research in behavior game theory):
- Economic Game Theory concepts: