Top stories from the VSTS community – 2018.05.25
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics, listed in no specific order:
- Chip Off The Ol’ Blockchain – Part 3: How to Setup a CI/CD Pipeline with VSTS and Truffle
Blaize Stewart outlines how to use VSTS to create a simple pipeline for Solidity and Truffle.
- A journey worth taking
Gordon Beeming goes over the last 10 years, how he applied a little self-control and motivation. He shares a personal insight into how he sustains himself and keeps on a good path.
- Test Case Association to xUnit, NUnit, and MSTestV2 Tests is available in Visual Studio 2017 15.7.1
Mike Douglas discusses how you can choose the test automation approach that best fits your process and not base it on a tool limitation.
- Testing The Test Plan Template
Jane Kelly introduces a platter of benefits of using a test plan template, such as a guide and reminder on what has been agreed.
- Small details carrying a huge value
Matteo Emili thought about how easy it has become to customise a process with VSTS compared to TFS. The first thing that sprung to mind was to pair this up with the Board Styling options.
- Continuous Integration & Delivery for Xamarin & .NET Libraries with VSTS
James Montemagno shares how he settled on using VSTS to fully automate the build of every library he creates and a full distribution pipeline that goes to MyGet then to NuGet preview, and finally NuGet public release with a click of a button.
- VSTS Gems – Preview Features
Rui Melo introduces preview feature, allowing you to control new functionalities that’s ready for your account.
- My Microsoft Build Videos
Jim Szubryt had the opportunity to speak at Build this month on their use of Service Fabric and how they are leveraging VSTS.
- #174: Git Champions
Lori Lamkin sits down on the Rocket podcast to talk VSTS – and Lori sums it up perfectly: “VSTS is a set of collaboration tools for developers to get stuff done”.
- Join Buck Hodges at the Global DevOps Bootcamp on June 16 2018 in a city near you – get hands on and learn how we deploy to Azure using VSTS.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included