Top stories from the VSTS community – 2018.04.06
Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics, in no specific order:
- TRAINING: Free “DevOps” Professional Training & Certification
Kurt Shintaku introduces 8 courses, totaling 128-256 hours of training, to allow people to up their skill
- How we checked & fixed the 503 error and perf issue in our Azure Function
Mikael Krief shares the story on how he investigated and fixed the 503 error and a performance issue with the Azure Functions used to connect VSTS extensions with the LaunchDarkly feature flag service.
- VSTS Gems- Release gates
Shmulik Ahituv highlights another VSTS Gem – Release Gates to integrate continuous monitoring into your release pipelines.
- Mix-n-Match Microsoft, AAD (and other) Accounts in Firefox
Jeff Bramwell explains how he uses the Firefox Multi-Account Containers extension to stay within a single browser experience, when working with multiple accounts.
- Interesting Azure ARM “Make it So” behaviour
Ed Elliott explains how the Azure “MAKE IT SO” behaviour worked perfectly for him. After a bit of head scratching, everything worked like a breeze.
- VSTS / TFS 2018 Viewing test run history for a given test case
Hamid Shahid shows how you can view history for a specific test plan, rather than test results from across Test Plans.
- Great Time at The Atlanta .Net User Group Meeting
Mickey Gousset gives us an insight into his recent talk in Atlanta, including his deck and step-by-step demo notes.
- HOWTO: Show notifications inside Visual Studio
Utkarsh Shigihalli demonstrates how to create notifications using InfoBar and how to add actions so that users can click and take action.
- GDPR – Six Top Tips for the Software Delivery Team
Ryan James goes beyond an overview on GDPR for anyone involved in development, testing, and software deployment within the UK, and shares six valuable tips.
- On-premise rolling deployments with TFS 2018 Update 2
Matteo Emili explains why he believes that Deployment Groups are amazing and how they enable scenarios such as rolling deployments.
- 158 // This is all it is
In this episode Greg is flying solo, sharing with you the latest VSTS news, like Sprint 132, TFS news, such as TFS 2018.2 RC1, Migration news and the April 23rd deadline, hints on batch undeleting Release Definitions, tips on SSIS with VSTS, and much more…
- DevOps Lab new video: Unit testing your database changes
Watch Damian Brady and Hamish Watson discuss why it’s a good idea to extend your unit testing to your database. In this video, several different ways to achieve this are discussed, to help broaden your skillset and improve your work product.
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .